- Asthma Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Asthma Quiz!
- Asthma Myths and Facts
- Patient Comments: Occupational Asthma - Causes and Risks
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- Occupational asthma facts
- What is occupational asthma?
- What causes occupational asthma?
- What are risk factors for occupational asthma?
- What are symptoms and signs of occupational asthma?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose occupational asthma?
- What is the treatment for occupational asthma?
- What are complications of occupational asthma?
- Is it possible to prevent occupational asthma?
- Where can a person find more information about occupational asthma?
Quick GuideAsthma Attack Signs, Treatments, and Prevention
Where can a person find more information about occupational asthma?
"Asthma," American Lung Association
"Asthma and Allergies," U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
"Occupational Asthma," Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Balmes, J., M. Becklake, P. Blanc, et al. "American Thoracic Society Statement: Occupational Contribution to the Burden of Airway Disease." Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167 (2003): 787-797.
Bherer, L. "Survey of Construction Workers Repeatedly Exposed to Chlorine Over a Three to Six Month Period in a Pulpmill: Follow Up of Affected Workers by Questionnaire, Spirometry, and Assessment of Bronchial Responsiveness 18 to 24 Months After Exposure Ended." Occup Environ Med 51.4 (1994): 225-228.
Bignon, J.S. "HLA Class II Alleles in Isocyanate-Induced Asthma." Am J Respir Crit Care Med 149.1 (1994): 71-75.
Brooks, S.M. "Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome (RADS): Persistent Asthma Syndrome After High Level Irritant Exposures." Chest 88.3 (1985): 376-384.
Ingelfinger, Julie R. "Occupational Asthma." NEJM 370 (2104): 640-649.
Maghni, K. "Airway Inflammation After Cessation of Exposure to Agents Causing Occupational Asthma." Am J Respir Crit Care Med 169.3 (2004): 367-372.
Malo, J.L. "Agents Causing Occupational Asthma." J Allergy Clin Immunol 123 (2009): 545-550.
Malo, J.L. "Natural History of Occupational Asthma: Relevance of Type of Agent and Other Factors in the Rate of Development of Symptoms in Affected Subjects." J Allergy Clin Immunol 90.6.1 (1992): 937-944.
Moscato, G. "Occupational Asthma: A Longitudinal Study on the Clinical and Socioeconomic Outcome After Diagnosis." Chest 115.1 (1999): 249-256.
Muller-Wening, D. "Protective Effect of Respiratory Devices in Farmers With Occupational Asthma." Eur Respir J 12.3 (1998): 569-572.
Venables, K.M. "Smoking and Occupational Allergy in Workers in a Platinum Refinery." BMJ 299.6705 (1989): 939-942.
Vendeplas, O. "What Are the Questionnaire Items Most Useful in Identifying Subjects With Occupational Asthma?" Eur Respir J 26.6 (2005): 1056-1063.