Occupational Asthma Index
Occupational asthma is a type of asthma caused by exposure to a substance in the workplace. Symptoms and signs include wheezing, chest tightness, and shortness of breath. The usual treatment for occupational asthma involves removal from exposure and the use of bronchodilators and inhaled anti-inflammatory medicines.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Eczema refers to skin inflammation. There are many different types of eczema that produce symptoms and signs that range from...learn more »
In This Article
- Eczema facts
- What is eczema?
- Are there different types of eczema? What causes eczema?
- What are eczema symptoms and signs?
- What specialists treat eczema?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose eczema?
- What is the treatment for eczema?
- What are home remedies for eczema?
- Does diet affect eczema?
- Is there a cure for eczema?
- Is eczema contagious?
- What is the prognosis of eczema?
- Is it possible to prevent eczema?
Pinkeye, also called conjunctivitis, is redness or irritation of the conjunctivae, the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids...learn more »
In This Article
Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis) Article
- Hay fever facts
- What is hay fever? What are hay fever symptoms and signs?
- Why does an allergic reaction occur?
- What causes allergic rhinitis?
- What are risk factors for allergic rhinitis?
- When and where does allergic rhinitis occur?
- Is allergic rhinitis contagious?
- What specialists treat allergic rhinitis?
- How do health-care professionals diagnose allergic rhinitis? How do health-care professionals identify allergies?
- What is the treatment for allergies?
- Are there home remedies for hay fever?
- What is the prognosis of allergic rhinitis?
- Is it possible to prevent allergic rhinitis?
An allergy refers to a misguided reaction by our immune system in response to bodily contact with certain foreign substances. ...learn more »