Patient Comments: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Treatments

What was the treatment for your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?

Comment from: dmakower, Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been on Luvox CR for 15 years. I was taking 150 mg a.m. and p.m. I stopped my medicine trying to go naturopathic. I tried for two months and got so bad with obsessive thoughts that I couldn't sleep for weeks. I now have to take 200 mg in a.m. and p.m., but my mind is finally quiet again. I will never go off my meds again.

Comment from: rose, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I am suffering from OCD for the last 15 years taking different medications, currently on Fluvoxamine Maleate.

Comment from: anu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I'm an engineering graduate teaching in an engineering college. Stuck with OCD for the last 14 years and using medicine. In the beginning I was given impiramin but now I use paroxetine-10 mg. I still feel problems sometimes. I want to stop taking more medicine.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Risks Question: Do you have a relative with OCD? If so, do you believe there's a genetic risk for developing the condition?