Patient Comments: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Treatments

What was the treatment for your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?

Comment from: Barley79, 25-34 Male Published: January 20

My multiple sclerosis (MS) symptoms began in the 1990 following hospitalization for Ramsay Hunt syndrome and a few months later pneumococcal pneumonia. The following year both parents died young, with cancer so, stress levels were high. My symptoms continued as before Ramsay Hunt with balance issues, numbness, tingling in legs, face and arms and extreme fatigue. I also had some visual problems. All diagnosed as myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) but largely ignored by my general physician who did not support ME; termed it as a general anxiety disorder. I dealt with all issues alone. I had stroke in 2016 and several MRIs and new neurologist input diagnosed MS and never ME. I have been referred for disease modifying treatment but will be requesting much more information about this before making any decisions, since I remain wholly alone with my diagnosis and have received little to no care as yet.

Comment from: dmakower, Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have been on Luvox CR for 15 years. I was taking 150 mg a.m. and p.m. I stopped my medicine trying to go naturopathic. I tried for two months and got so bad with obsessive thoughts that I couldn't sleep for weeks. I now have to take 200 mg in a.m. and p.m., but my mind is finally quiet again. I will never go off my meds again.

Comment from: rose, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I am suffering from OCD for the last 15 years taking different medications, currently on Fluvoxamine Maleate.

Comment from: anu, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I'm an engineering graduate teaching in an engineering college. Stuck with OCD for the last 14 years and using medicine. In the beginning I was given impiramin but now I use paroxetine-10 mg. I still feel problems sometimes. I want to stop taking more medicine.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Risks Question: Do you have a relative with OCD? If so, do you believe there's a genetic risk for developing the condition?