Patient Comments: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Experience

Please describe your experience with obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD).

Comment from: Bam, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I think I noticed I had OCD when I was in my early teens. Counting everything and not using certain numbers. When I became an adult I was not only counting but starting having a fear when driving that I hit a pedestrian either near the street or on the sidewalk and I would go around the block to make sure. My brother-in-law who also had OCD is the only other person that has this same experience when driving. I am wondering if anyone else with OCD has this.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Symptoms Question: What symptoms do you experience with your obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) - Risks Question: Do you have a relative with OCD? If so, do you believe there's a genetic risk for developing the condition?