Patient Comments: Objects In Ear - Treatment

How was an object or insect removed from the ear of you or your child? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Deanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I woke screaming at 2 am with the distressing feeling of a bug in my right ear, it wasn't a flapper or a buzzer it was a silent little crawler, possibly a small earwig. Well, the pain was terrible it must have taken a bite out of me, and I could feel its little legs moving about inside my ear. My husband got a flashlight but could see nothing. It was very painful and scary, I lay awake for about 1 hour and could still feel the offender. In the morning I went to the doctor, he irrigated my ear and nothing came out but the eardrum was very sore and had a bright red mark on it. He thinks this is the bite. The doctor gave me antibiotic drops and said to just see how it goes over next few days. What a horrible experience! I am sleeping with earplugs now.

Objects In Ear - Causes Question: If known, how did an object get inside your or your child's ear?
Objects In Ear - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms experienced with an object or insect in your child's ear? In your ear? Please share your story.