Objects Or Insects In Ear Index
Objects or insects in the ear can be placed in the ear by patients themselves, or an insect crawling in the ear. Ear wax can also cause ear problems if Q-tips are overused to clean the ears. Symptoms of an object in the ear are inflammation and sensitivity, redness, or discharge of pus or blood. When to seek medical care for an object or insect in the ear is included in the article information.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
Picture of Ear
There are three sections of the ear, according to the anatomy textbooks. They are the outer ear, the middle ear, and the inner...learn more »
Cellulitis is an acute spreading bacterial infection below the surface of the skin characterized by redness, warmth,...learn more »
Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes help the body's immune system fight infections. Causes of swollen lymph nodes (glands) may include infection (viral,...learn more »
Vertigo is the sensation of spinning or rocking, even when someone is at rest. Vertigo may be caused by a problem in the brain or...learn more »
In This Article
Ear Infection (Otitis Media) Article
- Ear infection or inflammation (otitis media) facts
- What is otitis media (middle ear infection or inflammation)?
- What are the symptoms of acute middle ear infection?
- How common is acute middle ear infection or inflammation?
- Are ear infections contagious?
- Why do young children tend to have ear infections?
- How does the Eustachian tube change as a child gets older?
- What microorganisms cause middle ear infection or inflammation?
- What is the relationship between bottlefeeding and middle ear infection or inflammation?
- What are the risk factors for acute middle ear infection or inflammation?
- How is acute otitis media diagnosed?
- How is acute middle ear infection or inflammation treated?
- Are there any home remedies for acute ear infection (otitis media)?
- What causes chronic middle ear infection or inflammation?
- What happens to the eardrum in chronic middle ear infection or inflammation?
- What happens to the eardrum if a hole develops in the eardrum?
- How is chronic middle ear infection or inflammation treated?
- What are the goals of chronic otitis media surgery?
- What is serious middle ear infection or inflammation?
- What limitations are there on a child with middle ear infection or inflammation?
- Can otitis media (middle ear infection or inflammation) be prevented?
Swimmer's ear (external otitis) is an infection of the skin that covers the outer ear canal. Causes of swimmer's ear include...learn more »
In This Article
Swimmer's Ear Article
- Swimmer's ear facts
- What is "swimmer's ear" or acute external otitis?
- What are symptoms of swimmer's ear?
- What is chronic swimmer's ear?
- What home remedies treatments help cure swimmer's ear?
- How can swimmer's ear be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for swimmer's ear?
- What about swimmer's ear in children?
- Why do ears itch?
- What should I do if I get a foreign object or insect in my ear?
Ear was is a natural substance secreted by special glands in the skin on the outer part of the ear canal. It repels water, and...learn more »
In This Article
Ear Wax Article
- What is ear wax?
- What does ear wax look like?
- Unpleasant symptoms
related to excessive ear wax
- When should ear wax be removed?
- How should ear wax be removed?
- Is it OK to use Q-tips?