Patient Comments: Obesity - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your obesity?

Published: November 07

The best thing that has worked for me is to write everything I have eaten or drank in the day. It would help me control what I ate because I would think twice about eating certain things.

Comment from: myownweightlossnow, 35-44 Male Published: February 22

Hi I know what a struggle it is more than most as I once used to weight almost 600lbs. I now know since I have lost almost 400lbs and able to teach others about the importance of eating right and not do the standard New Year's Resolutions as they fail. I teach them to make choices so that if you make a bad choice today you could make a better choice tomorrow.

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

7 years ago I went from 230 pounds to 175 in a matter of days. I had high volumn liposuction done, then Tummy tuck. I went from a size 24 to a size 12. Today 7 years latter I am a size 8 and weigh 165 pounds. Since the surgeries I exercise mostly walking once a week for 30 minutes. I watch what I eat. I eat small portions of food and an apple before each meal. I eat meat 3 times a week.

Comment from: Richie Paul, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

Drink local non fat milk instead of eating too much, it will increase your energy and stop acidity or hunger for local non fat milk.

Comment from: Deb, 0-2 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

My weight is 320 pounds. I have tried everything. The more I try to lose weight, the more I gain. My back hurts, and my legs and feet hurt so bad that sometimes I cannot walk. My husband tells me he loves me more than anything. I've been married for 32 years now, and he tries his best to help me.

Obesity - Are You Obese? Question: Many adults and children are considered obese. Please share your personal experience with being overweight and obese.
Obesity - Surgery Experience Question: Did you or someone you know have surgery to treat obesity? Please describe what the experience was like.