nystatin liquid-oral Index
Nystatin oral suspension (Bio-Statin [Mycostatin, Nilstat, and Nystex are discontinued]) is a drug prescribed to treat fungal infections of the mouth (like oral thrush). Side effects, drug interactions, dosage, and pregnancy safety information should be reviewed prior to using this medication.
In This Article
Yeast Infection (in Women and Men) Article
- Vaginal yeast infection facts
- What is a vaginal yeast infection?
- What causes a vaginal yeast infection?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection?
- What may increase my risk of getting a vaginal yeast infection?
- How is a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed?
- Are there home remedies to treat a vaginal yeast infection?
- What over-the-counter (OTC) medications are available to treat a vaginal yeast infection?
- When are oral prescription medications used to treat a vaginal yeast infection?
- How can a yeast infection be treated if I am pregnant?
- Can a man get a yeast infection from his sexual partner?
- What are the symptoms of a yeast infection in men?
- What is the treatment for yeast infection in men?
- How can vaginal yeast infections be prevented?
- What about recurrent yeast infections?
- How can you protect yourself from contracting a yeast infection from your sexual partner?
In This Article
Thrush and Other Yeast Infections in Children Article
- What are yeast infections?
- Why do yeast sometimes cause symptoms?
- How do babies get yeast infections?
- What is oral thrush? What are symptoms and signs of oral thrush?
- How do children (and adults) acquire thrush?
- How does yeast affect diaper rash?
- Can thumb sucking cause problems with yeast?
- Can a nursing mother acquire yeast infections from her infant?
- What is the treatment for thrush and other yeast infections?
- Should a child with yeast infection be kept out of child care?
- Are there other names for yeast infection?