Featured: Nutrition Main Article
In our very busy lives, we all want simple, actionable tips and tricks that will help up improve out diets and nutritional well-being. Gleaned from the experience of experts, diet and nutrition tips offer a wealth of straightforward solutions that can be easily incorporated into your lifestyle.
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as:
high...learn more »
Insulin resistance is the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in transporting glucose (sugar) from...learn more »
In This Article
Insulin Resistance Article
- Insulin resistance definition and facts
- What is insulin resistance?
- What are the signs and symptoms of insulin resistance?
- What causes insulin resistance?
- What is the relationship between insulin resistance and diabetes?
- What are normal insulin levels?
- What medical conditions are associated with insulin resistance?
- Who is at risk for insulin resistance?
- Which specialties of doctors treat insulin resistance?
- Is there a test for insulin resistance?
- Can insulin resistance be cured?
- Is there a special diet plan for treating insulin resistance?
- What foods help prevent type 2 diabetes?
- What about exercise to treat insulin resistance?
- What medications treat insulin resistance?
- Can insulin resistance be prevented?
- What is the prognosis for a person with insulin resistance?
- What's new in insulin resistance?
Iron is a mineral our bodies need. Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from not enough iron in the body. It is the most...learn more »
In This Article
Iron Deficiency Article
- Iron and iron deficiency facts*
- What is iron and why do we need it?
- What is iron deficiency and why is it a concern?
- What causes iron deficiency?
- Who is most at risk for iron deficiency?
- What are the signs and symptoms of iron deficiency?
- How is iron deficiency diagnosed?
- How is iron deficiency treated?
- Can iron deficiency be prevented?
- Young children (aged 1-5 years)
- Adolescent girls and women of childbearing age
- Pregnant women
- How much iron do I need?
- What are dietary sources of iron?
- Dietary sources of Vitamin C
- Iron overload and hemochromatosis