Featured: Nutrition Main Article
In our very busy lives, we all want simple, actionable tips and tricks that will help up improve out diets and nutritional well-being. Gleaned from the experience of experts, diet and nutrition tips offer a wealth of straightforward solutions that can be easily incorporated into your lifestyle.
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
Iron is a mineral our bodies need. Iron deficiency is a condition resulting from not enough iron in the body. It is the most...learn more »
In This Article
Iron Deficiency Article
- Iron and iron deficiency facts*
- What is iron and why do we need it?
- What is iron deficiency and why is it a concern?
- What causes iron deficiency?
- Who is most at risk for iron deficiency?
- What are the signs and symptoms of iron deficiency?
- How is iron deficiency diagnosed?
- How is iron deficiency treated?
- Can iron deficiency be prevented?
- Young children (aged 1-5 years)
- Adolescent girls and women of childbearing age
- Pregnant women
- How much iron do I need?
- What are dietary sources of iron?
- Dietary sources of Vitamin C
- Iron overload and hemochromatosis
In This Article
Hemochromatosis (Iron Overload) Article
- What is hereditary hemochromatosis?
- How is hereditary hemachromatosis inherited?
- What are the symptoms and signs of hemochromatosis?
- How is hemochromatosis diagnosed?
- How is hemochromatosis treated?
- What about diet recommendations for people with hemochromatosis?
- What are the recommendations for screening for liver cancer in hemochromatosis?