Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Causes

What was the cause of your nosebleed?

Comment from: mijael, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I woke up with this sound I thought was normal. But after a week I still hear the sound. I went to the ENT hospital and they found something inside. They said maybe it was the cause of tinnitus and the doctor gave this medicine Gingko. A week of taking this medicine, still the sound is there. They gave me two weeks to take this medicine, but I am worrying about this sound. It is always in the right ear and it sometime it hurts. I have Adapt Sound in my cell phone and tablet; I always try testing, but it is good. I can hear the low tone. My wife every night gives a massage in my right ear which feels good, but sound is still there.

Comment from: sarinabris, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I had surgery, nasopharynx and larynx, four days ago and was only in hospital overnight. Nasal bleeding has not stopped and became worse 24 hours ago. I have used a sea water microdiffusion spray as well as Otrivin. My right nostril where surgery occurred is now quite swollen. I am taking antibiotic as I had a slight fever. My post-operative appointment is not for another 4 days.

Comment from: Somill, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I am a 75-year old woman in fairly good health. I recently had 3 episodes of nosebleed, from the right nostril only. When I got awake, I had the urge to blow my nose, and what came first was crusted blood followed by a trickle of blood from the nostril. All blood disappeared after blowing my nose a couple of times. The incidents happened about 3 weeks apart, the latest being Nov 27, 2013 (I keep a health log). I'm not alarmed, but I sure wonder what this is all about. I've been taking medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol for several years, and I've had a pacemaker just over a year.

Comment from: J9, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had terrible chest congestion and sinus, then started a severe cough attack. I threw up clear stuff and my nose bled bright red, lots. It scared me. I thought it was my lung. My nose hurt real badly after that.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I am a sixteen-year-old male. I have never in memory experienced a nosebleed before except that induced by physical trauma. The other day in school I was suddenly and without warning afflicted by an extremely profuse nosebleed. Like, seriously gushing everywhere. Lasted almost ten minutes. Was mildly upsetting. Happened again today while I was chilling at my grandmother's house. Not as profuse or long-lasting, but equally random. Suggested cause: dry air and winter weather, sinuses. Not so certain.

Comment from: Lingjung, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

It was the second time when my son was hit by an automobile that caused him to have grand mal seizures. At 23 I lost him to a seizure attack.

Comment from: jp5525, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 09

I have never had a nosebleed and in the past two days I have had 2 that have lasted about 5 to 10 minutes, I don't know why.

Comment from: pbkmccallum, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I fell on my face and my nose is bleeding.

Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Nosebleed - Prevention Question: If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?