Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Causes

What was the cause of your nosebleed?

Comment from: Abuelita, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 05

On 11/23/15 I fell while walking my dog and broke my right hip. Posterior hip replacement ensued. It was hard to walk and I was in a lot of pain. On 4/30/16 I fell in my home and broke my left femur in 3 places, so another hip replacement. I am in severe pain all the time and I've had weird things happen like rashes on my face, torso and arms; pressure sores in my inter gluteal area and on the back of my heels; extreme weight loss and severe low back muscles that I can barely tolerate. I can't sleep. I live alone, have no family within 700 miles and no help. Pain medications, ice and heat do not help. I still can't shower and doing housework is a nightmare. No one can explain what's happening to my body. I don't know what to do and I can't live like this.

Comment from: mijael, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I woke up with this sound I thought was normal. But after a week I still hear the sound. I went to the ENT hospital and they found something inside. They said maybe it was the cause of tinnitus and the doctor gave this medicine Gingko. A week of taking this medicine, still the sound is there. They gave me two weeks to take this medicine, but I am worrying about this sound. It is always in the right ear and it sometime it hurts. I have Adapt Sound in my cell phone and tablet; I always try testing, but it is good. I can hear the low tone. My wife every night gives a massage in my right ear which feels good, but sound is still there.

Comment from: sarinabris, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 12

I had surgery, nasopharynx and larynx, four days ago and was only in hospital overnight. Nasal bleeding has not stopped and became worse 24 hours ago. I have used a sea water microdiffusion spray as well as Otrivin. My right nostril where surgery occurred is now quite swollen. I am taking antibiotic as I had a slight fever. My post-operative appointment is not for another 4 days.

Comment from: tester2016, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I had an epistaxis (nosebleed). They have found me with very high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high glycaemia and lack of iron.

Comment from: Taylor1, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 03

My hemoglobin level was 7.5g/dl before starting chemotherapy.

Comment from: lady bug, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 19

Three weeks ago I broke my right foot. The pain has been terrible! It is better when sitting down but when I try to walk on it the pain is tremendous!

Comment from: Sophie, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 16

I hate nosebleeds, I keep getting them but I don't know how.

Comment from: Somill, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I am a 75-year old woman in fairly good health. I recently had 3 episodes of nosebleed, from the right nostril only. When I got awake, I had the urge to blow my nose, and what came first was crusted blood followed by a trickle of blood from the nostril. All blood disappeared after blowing my nose a couple of times. The incidents happened about 3 weeks apart, the latest being Nov 27, 2013 (I keep a health log). I'm not alarmed, but I sure wonder what this is all about. I've been taking medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol for several years, and I've had a pacemaker just over a year.

Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Nosebleed - Prevention Question: If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?