Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Causes

What was the cause of your nosebleed?

Comment from: nosebleeder2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I've had nosebleeds on and off for years in the winter. It is the dry climate in the winter months. But, I think these nosebleeds I've been having for a few weeks now are from when I went to the dentist to have four bottom teeth taken out, and the dentist left part of a tooth in there and tells me it's not there. My gums keep hurting, and then before I know it, it starts bleeding. I passed a large blood clot and the nosebleeds stopped for about three days and now they are back again.

Comment from: Triggsc, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 11

I had nosebleed on my right nostril for four days. It would stop for a while then start again and blood would run down my throat. I finally went to the ER. They cleaned it out, gave me a plastic clip and told me to use saline nasal spray. Today it started again so I used spray for the first time and it stopped. I will use the saline spray to keep it lubricated as directed.

Comment from: stevie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

My nosebleed came from nowhere. I blew my nose and it bled for 15 minutes. Huge clots were passed and I've been dealing with this for three days now. Last night, I vomited and my nose started bleeding again. I have a headache, but I thought it was just my sinuses.

Comment from: dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I think I was taking an acetaminophen too long, and also an antihistamine. Then my nose started to bleed , every week, mostly at night.

Comment from: Zerato, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: July 11

I do not know the cause of my nosebleeds, but they recur often. Everyone says nasal sprays, which work; however, if you have no nasal spray, fill your palm with cool water and stick your nose in it and slowly inhale a small amount of the water. It helped to keep my nostrils moist and I didn't have a nosebleed for quite a long time.

Comment from: Bonnie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I have been having nosebleeds now for about six weeks. I take plavix, 81 aspirin and peroxicam. Last night I had a nosebleed which lasted for two hours. I used Ice and Pressure, but it took a long time to stop it.

Comment from: Joe, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: February 16

I've been having nosebleeds for a couple of hours now, which I find unusual as I never really ever have nosebleeds. Also, my right ear's been blocked since the night and have had a bad headache. I think my nosebleed's are because of this because I took some paracetamol to cure the headache during the night.

Comment from: Jackie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

I have been having nosebleeds now for the past three days and with headaches in tow. Feeling very drained. Some bleeds last longer than others. The longest has been 10 minutes. I have been on antibiotics for the past 3-4 weeks. My nose has not been dry at all until the nose bleeds started.

Comment from: Aluka, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: November 08

My dad suffers from nose bleeding. The doctors say it's too deep to burn the wain. He's on medication to thin his blood.

Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Nosebleed - Prevention Question: If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?