Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Causes

What was the cause of your nosebleed?

Comment from: lady bug, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 19

Three weeks ago I broke my right foot. The pain has been terrible! It is better when sitting down but when I try to walk on it the pain is tremendous!

Comment from: tester2016, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

I had an epistaxis (nosebleed). They have found me with very high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high glycaemia and lack of iron.

Comment from: Taylor1, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 03

My hemoglobin level was 7.5g/dl before starting chemotherapy.

Comment from: Somill, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I am a 75-year old woman in fairly good health. I recently had 3 episodes of nosebleed, from the right nostril only. When I got awake, I had the urge to blow my nose, and what came first was crusted blood followed by a trickle of blood from the nostril. All blood disappeared after blowing my nose a couple of times. The incidents happened about 3 weeks apart, the latest being Nov 27, 2013 (I keep a health log). I'm not alarmed, but I sure wonder what this is all about. I've been taking medication for high blood pressure and cholesterol for several years, and I've had a pacemaker just over a year.

Comment from: J9, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had terrible chest congestion and sinus, then started a severe cough attack. I threw up clear stuff and my nose bled bright red, lots. It scared me. I thought it was my lung. My nose hurt real badly after that.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 13

I am a sixteen-year-old male. I have never in memory experienced a nosebleed before except that induced by physical trauma. The other day in school I was suddenly and without warning afflicted by an extremely profuse nosebleed. Like, seriously gushing everywhere. Lasted almost ten minutes. Was mildly upsetting. Happened again today while I was chilling at my grandmother's house. Not as profuse or long-lasting, but equally random. Suggested cause: dry air and winter weather, sinuses. Not so certain.

Comment from: kmandrell, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 25

I have had nosebleeds since I was the age of 7 years. I am now 30 years old and still get nosebleeds. They start for no reason at times. I can blow my nose and they start and the strangest is when I'm doing nothing, get pressure all around my head and then my nose begins to bleed. I also find that when I am walking up stairs, I get light-headed and almost pass out if I do not stop because I get so dizzy. I have only passed out 3 times (that I know of) due to being so light headed and then my nose begins to bleed.

Comment from: Sophie, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 16

I hate nosebleeds, I keep getting them but I don't know how.

Comment from: Lingjung, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 17

It was the second time when my son was hit by an automobile that caused him to have grand mal seizures. At 23 I lost him to a seizure attack.

Nosebleed - Symptoms and Remedies Question: How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Nosebleed - Frequent or Chronic Question: If you suffer from frequent or chronic nosebleeds, how do you prevent them from recurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Fast Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?