Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Symptoms and Remedies

How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: SuzyQ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have been getting nosebleeds for the last two years, mostly in the fall and winter. I drink a packet of Emergen C in a glass of water and it usually helps stop them. I also pinch my nose and use some Vaseline. I think recently some of the nose bleeds may be from stress.

Comment from: Elaine, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have had nose bleeding for about 3 years and am still having them. The doctor and specialist don't know what is wrong. I have had it tested, my blood pressure is ok and I am on blood thinners, but I have had the nose bleeds before I was on blood thinners. I am scared to go out because I don't know when it will start bleeding no one seems to know what to do to stop it .

Comment from: CrystJajji, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

Lately I have nose bleeds. It's like 3 to 4 times a day but not a heavy bleed and it is now occurring for 2 months and I am also experiencing headaches and a slight high temperature. I'm working in a graveyard shift but I'm taking ferrous sulfate and other vitamins to make me stay healthy.

Comment from: jimbo, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I tried packing my nose with cotton balls coated with Vaseline; this did not work. I then pinched my nostrils together for about 15 minutes and lo and behold, it stopped!

Comment from: Milind, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 26

My 6 year old son has periodic nose bleeds in the middle of the night which happens in summer as well as winter. I assume it is because of his nasal passages drying out. This night he woke up with blood on his face and a lot of blood on his pillow and some drops on the bed. This happens when he plays a lot. I consulted a general physician and he advised us to visit a specialist.

Comment from: G1A, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

My nose has been bleeding for 4 months already, it usually happens when I wake up. It started when I was taking 1 gm of pantothenic acid a day and 250 mg of glutathione. I went to ENT doctor but until now I haven't find the answer for my problem. Biopsy was done and it was benign.

Comment from: Mic, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 01

My 5 year old daughter has allergies. She"s had nose bleeds in the middle of the night which only happens in winter. I assume it"s because of her nasal passages drying out. This night she woke up with blood all over her face and a lot of blood on her pillow and even more on the bed. Very disconcerting; not used to seeing that much blood. I"m going to try Vaseline or nasal spray.

Comment from: Justdogood, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I just had an incident of nose bleeding. It lasted for about 5 minutes. I held my head up, pinched my nose together and went into the rest room to get myself cleaned up. It happened right before a client who I was explaining something to. I felt embarrassed but thankfully the client seems to understand.

Comment from: Ashley08, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I have been having nose bleeds for about a week now. First from my left nostril and now from both. It happens throughout the day and I am constantly having to wipe my nose. I have tried Vaseline for the past couple of days but it doesn't seem to be improving. When I sleep one nostril dries while the other bleeds and I end up waking up with a dry mouth or I feel as if I am suffocating. I do not know what else to try. I always got nose bleeds even as a kid. But they have never been this bad and never this long.

Nosebleed - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nosebleed?
Nosebleed - Frequent or Chronic Question: If you suffer from frequent or chronic nosebleeds, how do you prevent them from recurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Fast Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?