Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Prevention

If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?

Comment from: mshea, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I have been having severe nose bleeds in the past few months. I take Advil for my arthritis and they told me to get off of it for a while. Also, when I went to the emergency room last night they give me this round clip like a close pin with sponge sides and it was the only thing that stopped the bleeding. They really need to sell these at the pharmacy and advertise them. I am going to an ENT on Monday to get cauterized.

Comment from: myonyx, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

Recently, I have had very bad nosebleeds (just from the right nostril), usually followed by a headache. They seem to occur in the middle of the night or early morning, most of the time with clots. The usually last about 10 minutes. I'm not sure what to do about them.

Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted Question: How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?
Nosebleed - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nosebleed?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?