Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted

Question:How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I do get nose bleeds occasionally about a month ago I had a nose bleed and it would not stop. I held tissues and squeezed but still it did not stop. I was very concerned and nervous and all of a sudden a big blood clot came from my nose through my mouth. It has not happened again and I could breathe freely after that it scared the heck out of me it lasted about 15 minutes.

Comment from: debsing5900, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been having nosebleeds, a couple times a week, for approximately 3 months. Sometimes if I cough hard it will bring one on. If I get teary eyed from watching a movie; that will bring on a nosebleed too. I'm a heavy nosebleeder, and to stop it, it usually takes about 10 minutes by plugging the nostril with Kleenex and waiting it out.

Comment from: popondetta, Female (Patient) Published: September 26

Recently I've been experiencing nose bleeds; it has been almost a month now. It usually starts around early morning while I am still sleeping and around 3-4 times during the day and lately I've been feeling a slight pressure into my left nostril radiating into my left eye and I am starting to worry for myself. This is the first time that I have experienced this. I've never had any nose bleeds before its only just now.

Comment from: Dodie44, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 26

I have had a few nosebleeds for the past four months. This is unusual for me. I have High blood pressure, but it is under control. I thought at first it was the dryness at particular homes, but this has not been the case. Do I have a problem, and should see my doctor.

Comment from: guiowen, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 26

I also put a wad of paper it can be toilet paper or a paper towel under my lip. So far as I understand, this prevents too much blood from reaching the nose. After a while the bleeding will stop. The thing then is to avoid the temptation of picking at the scab that forms inside the nostril.

Comment from: Bob Arnold, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

I've had nosebleeds most of my life. My mother had them, my son has them. Apparently the veins in our noses are very superficial. I've tried Vaseline, saline sprays, etc. with limited relief. My mother had her veins cauterized, as did my son. It provided limited relief if any. I've been trying for years to find something that really would stop this problem, but to no avail.

Comment from: Mama Mia, 13-18 Female Published: August 15

My daughter is 14 years old now and she's been having periodic nose bleeds. As a child, I also had frequent nosebleeds. However, my daughter's is worse because it lasts longer and clumps or strings of thick blood come out. I am concerned. Is this still within normal range or is it a sign of a certain vitamin deficiency, or something more serious?

Comment from: 7-12 Male Published: August 05

My son woke up at 6 a.m. with blood all over him. The blood was just pouring out of his nose. It took about 20 minutes to get the bleeding stopped. He is taking Adair for allergies. He is almost 10 years old. This is his first nosebleed.

Published: July 24

It lasted about two minuets until the blood started coming in slower and in smaller amounts. I just collected it with a several paper towels (one at a time) in my nostril.

Comment from: Matter1234395, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

I just had a nosebleed, lasted about 20 minutes. I put a paper towel, rolled up, under my lip and pushed upwards, helped for a bit and it went away.

Nosebleed - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nosebleed?
Nosebleed - Prevention Question: If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?