Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted

Question:How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: jimbo, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I tried packing my nose with cotton balls coated with Vaseline; this did not work. I then pinched my nostrils together for about 15 minutes and lo and behold, it stopped!

Comment from: Milind, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 26

My 6 year old son has periodic nose bleeds in the middle of the night which happens in summer as well as winter. I assume it is because of his nasal passages drying out. This night he woke up with blood on his face and a lot of blood on his pillow and some drops on the bed. This happens when he plays a lot. I consulted a general physician and he advised us to visit a specialist.

Comment from: G1A, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

My nose has been bleeding for 4 months already, it usually happens when I wake up. It started when I was taking 1 gm of pantothenic acid a day and 250 mg of glutathione. I went to ENT doctor but until now I haven't find the answer for my problem. Biopsy was done and it was benign.

Comment from: Mic, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 01

My 5 year old daughter has allergies. She"s had nose bleeds in the middle of the night which only happens in winter. I assume it"s because of her nasal passages drying out. This night she woke up with blood all over her face and a lot of blood on her pillow and even more on the bed. Very disconcerting; not used to seeing that much blood. I"m going to try Vaseline or nasal spray.

Comment from: Justdogood, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 24

I just had an incident of nose bleeding. It lasted for about 5 minutes. I held my head up, pinched my nose together and went into the rest room to get myself cleaned up. It happened right before a client who I was explaining something to. I felt embarrassed but thankfully the client seems to understand.

Comment from: Ashley08, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I have been having nose bleeds for about a week now. First from my left nostril and now from both. It happens throughout the day and I am constantly having to wipe my nose. I have tried Vaseline for the past couple of days but it doesn't seem to be improving. When I sleep one nostril dries while the other bleeds and I end up waking up with a dry mouth or I feel as if I am suffocating. I do not know what else to try. I always got nose bleeds even as a kid. But they have never been this bad and never this long.

Comment from: federico, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

Six months ago I had a nosebleed. I was told this was caused due to my high blood pressure but is now under control. The bleeding didn't stop for almost 4 hours and I was spitting blood through my mouth. I had always had this problem almost my entire life. It seems like no one knows what is causing this problem at all. I went to urgent care and the bleeding stopped, they continue saying it is due to my nostrils getting dry. Today as I was going to have dinner it started bleeding like someone opened a water faucet and finally stopped after 30 minutes.

Comment from: ph1967, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 03

I just recently had a nosebleed that lasted for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. I went to an after-hours clinic after about 20 minutes and they sent me to the emergency room (ER). By the time I got there, it had been bleeding for about an hour. They packed it with gauze in the after-hours clinic, and when I got to the ER, the blood was so backed up in my sinuses, that blood was coming out of my tear ducts. It finally stopped on its own. They gave me a nice clamp to use in the ER, and I have used it on two nosebleeds since I got home with success.

Comment from: Nose bleeding, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 26

My 5 year old brother has been getting nosebleed since past 1 month. First time he got nose bleeding because he fell down from first floor to down floor. Then after that, whenever he gets any pain in his body, automatically nose bleeding starts.

Comment from: Dlibi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

I am bleeding nonstop. Adrenalin has been used but does not help at all.

Nosebleed - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nosebleed?
Nosebleed - Prevention Question: If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?