Patient Comments: Nosebleed - Length Symptoms Lasted

Question:How long did the symptoms of your nosebleed last? Was there anything in particular that helped with pain/symptom relief?

Comment from: Elaine, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I have had nose bleeding for about 3 years and am still having them. The doctor and specialist don't know what is wrong. I have had it tested, my blood pressure is ok and I am on blood thinners, but I have had the nose bleeds before I was on blood thinners. I am scared to go out because I don't know when it will start bleeding no one seems to know what to do to stop it .

Comment from: pia67, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

I never had nose bleeds before, but now out of nowhere I been having nosebleeds starting with a sensation of burning above my upper sinuses and I do not know what to make of it. I had a stroke in 2007 and after that some episodes occurred. Maybe that is the cause of my nosebleeds now.

Comment from: CrystJajji, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

Lately I have nose bleeds. It's like 3 to 4 times a day but not a heavy bleed and it is now occurring for 2 months and I am also experiencing headaches and a slight high temperature. I'm working in a graveyard shift but I'm taking ferrous sulfate and other vitamins to make me stay healthy.

Comment from: jimbo, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I tried packing my nose with cotton balls coated with Vaseline; this did not work. I then pinched my nostrils together for about 15 minutes and lo and behold, it stopped!

Comment from: MM, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 12

My nose bleeds almost daily and has for as long as I can remember. I am posting for others so maybe they can better understand their issue, if it is anything like mine. I do believe there are many contributing factors, non-seasonal, yearly allergies, living in a dry climate, and broken nose that had to be re-broken which removed more bone/cartilage, thinning the inner lining of my nostrils. I also have asthma. That has no direct relation to the cause of the nosebleeds; however, allergies turn into post-nasal drip, which in turn causes asthma (all nose-throat-ear-lung issues). I try and keep my nose dry and take an antihistamine almost daily. I cannot stand moisture in my nostrils and that is pretty much due to the re-breaking of my nose (the whole healing process). So, if you have issues with using an ointment or saline spray (like I do), use a humidifier at home. I have low blood pressure on top of Raynaud's syndrome. My hands, feet and tip of my nose are usually always cold. I am sure that helps my nose not full on drip blood every day, however, it still has blood in there just about every day. Recently, I have been taking ibuprofen for a foot injury and today, one nostril just started bleeding out of nowhere! I thought, ok! It didn't last long and I haven't had nosebleeds like that often. A doctor did confirm however, that when they re-broke my nose, they can tell some damage was done to the inner walls of my nostrils which are part of the reason. Anyway, saline spray and a humidifier seem to help. Staying well hydrated as well!

Comment from: SuzyQ, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I have been getting nosebleeds for the last two years, mostly in the fall and winter. I drink a packet of Emergen C in a glass of water and it usually helps stop them. I also pinch my nose and use some Vaseline. I think recently some of the nose bleeds may be from stress.

Comment from: Milind, 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: December 26

My 6 year old son has periodic nose bleeds in the middle of the night which happens in summer as well as winter. I assume it is because of his nasal passages drying out. This night he woke up with blood on his face and a lot of blood on his pillow and some drops on the bed. This happens when he plays a lot. I consulted a general physician and he advised us to visit a specialist.

Comment from: G1A, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

My nose has been bleeding for 4 months already, it usually happens when I wake up. It started when I was taking 1 gm of pantothenic acid a day and 250 mg of glutathione. I went to ENT doctor but until now I haven't find the answer for my problem. Biopsy was done and it was benign.

Comment from: Mic, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 01

My 5 year old daughter has allergies. She"s had nose bleeds in the middle of the night which only happens in winter. I assume it"s because of her nasal passages drying out. This night she woke up with blood all over her face and a lot of blood on her pillow and even more on the bed. Very disconcerting; not used to seeing that much blood. I"m going to try Vaseline or nasal spray.

Nosebleed - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nosebleed?
Nosebleed - Prevention Question: If you've had a nosebleed, what do you do to prevent another one from occurring?
Nosebleed - Stop Question: What do you do to stop a nosebleed?