Patient Comments: Non-Hodgkins Lymphomas - Treatments

What treatments were effective for your non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?

Comment from: Kurt, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 11

I was diagnosed with Burkitt's Lymphoma six months ago. This is the most aggressive cancer known to man. I am now done with treatment -- lost every single strand of hair on my body. It is now growing back five weeks later. Cancer sucks. Stay positive though, remember you're the boss! I'm fine now, I would suggest anyone reading this to start a vegan diet and exercise daily. I mean, the reason you got cancer in the first place is what you're putting in your body. If you eat all natural foods, you will never get cancer.

Comment from: Cathy, 0-2 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

My daughter was 2 when we were told she had 5 tumors, 4 on her kidneys 1 in her mouth and the treatment made her so sick. She is the youngest of 7 children and it was so hard. Two years of treatment, I thought she would never pull through. She did, to everyone's surprise--she's such a little fighter. She is now 19 and living a full life. Don't anyone give up hope.

Comment from: Heatherd, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 27

Just up and thinking about my dad. Well, it feels like yesterday that we all gathered up and heard the news that dad was at stage four of non-Hodgkins lymphoma. I can't tell you as a little girl how many months I spent in the hospital with my 3 young siblings as we watched our healthy 33 year old father rapidly decline in health. I remember hearing his screams in the night. His poor legs would cramp up so terribly. Before he was sick I don't believe I ever remember him being in pain. He went from a healthy 188 pd man to about 80 pds. That was 20 years ago. He just married off my sister and she works in oncology as does my eldest sister. Guess it all touched our hearts. Congrats on going 20 years when only told 3 months! Have faith folks :) you can beat this monster.

Non-Hodgkin's Lymphomas - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Symptoms Question: What symptoms of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma did you experience when you were diagnosed?
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma - Prognosis Question: What's the prognosis of your non-Hodgkin's lymphoma?