OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, fainting, unconsciousness, slow or rapid heartbeat, confusion, fever, or persistent throbbing headache.
NOTES: Some persons may develop a tolerance to the effects of this medication over time. Notify your doctor if the medication appears to be losing its effectiveness or if the chest pain continues while taking this drug.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, take as soon as remembered; do not take if it is almost time for the next dose, instead, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not "double-up" the dose to catch up.
STORAGE: Store this medication away from heat or flame. Always keep this medication in its original container. Keep container closed tightly to avoid moisture.
MEDICAL ALERT: Your condition can cause complications in a medical emergency. For enrollment information call MedicAlert at 1-800-854-1166 (USA), or 1-800-668-1507 (Canada).
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index