What are examples of nitrates available in the United States?
Examples of nitrates include:
- nitroglycerin sublingual tablet (Nitrostat)
- nitroglycerin lingual aerosol (Nitromist)
- nitrolinglycerin pumpspray (Nitrolingual Pumpsprapy)
- nitroglycerin lingual (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)
- nitroglycerin transdermal ointment (Nitro-Bid)
- nitroglycerin transdermal infusion system (Nitro-Dur)
- nitroglycerin transdermal therapeutic system (Transderm-Nitro)
- Nitroglycerin oral capsule (Nitro-Time)
- nitroglycerin intravenous
- isosorbide mononitrate and dinitrate (Isordil, Isordil Titradose, Dilatrate-SR))
What are the side effects of nitrates?
Side effects of nitrates are:
- burning and tingling under the tongue, and
- low blood pressure.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.