- What Kind of Doctor Do I Need? Slideshow
- Dental (Oral) Health Quiz
- Causes of a Heart Attack Slideshow
- What are nitrates (nitrate medications)?
- What are examples of nitrates available in the United States?
- What are the side effects of nitrates?
- Are nitrates safe to take during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- What drugs interact with nitrates?
- What preparations of nitrates are available?
- How do nitrates work?
What are nitrates (nitrate medications)?
What are examples of nitrates available in the United States?
Examples of generic and brand names of nitrates include:
- nitroglycerin sublingual tablet (Nitrostat)
- nitroglycerin lingual aerosol (Nitromist)
- nitrolinglycerin pumpspray (Nitrolingual Pumpsprapy)
- nitroglycerin lingual (Nitrolingual Pumpspray)
- nitroglycerin transdermal ointment (Nitro-Bid)
- nitroglycerin transdermal infusion system (Nitro-Dur)
- nitroglycerin transdermal therapeutic system (Transderm-Nitro)
- Nitroglycerin oral capsule (Nitro-Time)
- nitroglycerin intravenous
- isosorbide mononitrate and dinitrate (Isordil, Isordil Titradose, Dilatrate-SR))
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.