Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Menopause

Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.

Comment from: sbsue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

Several times a day I get this nausea and feel like my head is being microwaved. My face turns beet red, my whole head starts to sweat, my eyes start to water, and I feel like I just want to rip my clothes off. Then 5 minutes later I"m shivering from cold. In winter when everyone else is freezing I"m hot and sweaty. In the summer when everyone else is hot and wearing skimpy clothing I"m bundled up with chills. This poses tremendous problems socially! I"m way past menopause, so what the heck is going on!

Comment from: ape, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 01

Lord only knows what I go through during the day, and nighttime is like a nightmare. Sweat pours off of me like someone has turned a shower on. Daytime is not so bad because I am always moving around and can cope with the sweats. I wish I could get some type of release before I find myself losing it. Is anyone out there going through what I am living with?

Comment from: walkinggirl48, 45-54 Female Published: August 14

I just keep the room cool. I put a cold washcloth around my neck and sleep in light clothes, as in a T-shirt and undies.

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with night sweats.
Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?