Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Comment from: Rhysie, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I've been getting night sweats around my pelvic region for a while now. It can be so bad that sometimes I thought I actually wet my bed. But I haven't. I wonder what it is.

Comment from: Papa, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

I wake up in the middle of the night because I am feeling cold; which is due to the sheets and pillow case being quite wet. I usually sweat most from my neck, back, and head. Sometimes the sweating is so intense that I have to take a shower in cool water. When I am dry, I go sleep in the bed in the guest bedroom. So far I have not experienced that more than once during my sleep. Interestingly, if I take a nap during the day, I don't have this problem during the nap.

Comment from: shanna.le, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

My night sweats started about a year ago. I'd take a shower at night then go to sleep, and then when I wake up my body feels sticky and sweaty. I'm only 21.

Comment from: Lorie Haight, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I am having some bad back problems and just started to get treatment for this. I am having night sweats every night now. My home heat is at 62 at night. My sweats start at my head and seem to work down to my feet. My hair gets soaking wet. I wonder if this could be from my back injury. I go next Wednesday to start injections. I have slipped discs, one in the middle and one by my tail bone.

Comment from: Bobbie929, (Patient) Published: April 07

I am an 81 year old woman and I have night sweats that soak my shirt every night. I get up for the bathroom every two hours, and chill in wet clothes. I have a thyroid condition, Hashimoto's disease, and the doctor gave me a very minimal dose of thyroid, Tirosint. He feels it to be dangerous to increase the dosage even though my hair is falling out and I have night sweats.

Comment from: sweaty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

A life of cramps, blood clots, birth, and now night sweats! Not fair!

Comment from: jANE, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have suddenly started to lose weight 10 lb. over 4 days. I have not eaten anything different. I have in fact eaten fish and chips and drank wine; had a Devon tea, crisps, cake, etc. I am quite worried. I am not menopausal anymore. I have started having awful night sweats. I wake up soaked.

Comment from: louise, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 13

For the last 7 nights I have been waking up 1 to 2 in the morning with severe night sweats. Clothes are drenched. I wonder if this is the beginning of menopause. I have no problem of sweating during the day.

Comment from: Joe, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 08

Last few months I have been waking up at around 4 am in a pool of sweat (twice). I normally do not sweat much.

Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.