Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Comment from: Kasallee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 12

In the first few moments as I fall asleep, I start sweating. I don't know why and not have been to the doctor to determine a reason. I had a total hysterectomy 20 years ago, so I don't think it has anything to do with menopause. I am 56 years old. I do not like heavy covers, mainly a sheet or light blanket is plenty. We do not keep our home hot. I have a tiny fan by my bedside and as long as I have air gently blowing on my face, all is resolved! Just keep the air moving. A central air unit cycling on and off does not help. I hope this helps someone! I do want to add that the night sweats are not limited to the first few minutes as I fall asleep. Many times it happens during the night. Covers on, covers off. A foot out, a leg out. Something to bring in the coolness. But the fan in the face is my savior.

Comment from: Jessiel, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 16

I am a 20 years old female and for the past 6 years I have been suffering from night sweats and hot flushes. It has never really bothered me before until now as it has got a lot worse. I'm waking up three times a night and each time stripping my bed and going in the shower. I'm embarrassed to see someone about this.

Comment from: Rhysie, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I've been getting night sweats around my pelvic region for a while now. It can be so bad that sometimes I thought I actually wet my bed. But I haven't. I wonder what it is.

Comment from: Papa, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

I wake up in the middle of the night because I am feeling cold; which is due to the sheets and pillow case being quite wet. I usually sweat most from my neck, back, and head. Sometimes the sweating is so intense that I have to take a shower in cool water. When I am dry, I go sleep in the bed in the guest bedroom. So far I have not experienced that more than once during my sleep. Interestingly, if I take a nap during the day, I don't have this problem during the nap.

Comment from: shanna.le, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

My night sweats started about a year ago. I'd take a shower at night then go to sleep, and then when I wake up my body feels sticky and sweaty. I'm only 21.

Comment from: sweaty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

A life of cramps, blood clots, birth, and now night sweats! Not fair!

Comment from: jANE, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have suddenly started to lose weight 10 lb. over 4 days. I have not eaten anything different. I have in fact eaten fish and chips and drank wine; had a Devon tea, crisps, cake, etc. I am quite worried. I am not menopausal anymore. I have started having awful night sweats. I wake up soaked.

Comment from: Lorie Haight, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I am having some bad back problems and just started to get treatment for this. I am having night sweats every night now. My home heat is at 62 at night. My sweats start at my head and seem to work down to my feet. My hair gets soaking wet. I wonder if this could be from my back injury. I go next Wednesday to start injections. I have slipped discs, one in the middle and one by my tail bone.

Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.