Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Comment from: Deedra, 35-44 Female Published: April 09

I am a 39 year old female. For the past 6 months or so I have been having night sweats almost every night. I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in seat from head to toe. I push my covers off of me and still continue to sweat. The air temperature in the house is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I also think I am developing insomnia, so that might have something to do with it. I am getting very frustrated with it because I do not know what is going on.

Comment from: dianne, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I am 33 years old. I have had night sweats for about 2 years. Some nights when I don't sleep well, I won't have them, but every night that I do fall into a good sleep, I sweat a lot.

Comment from: Ggramma B, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

As a 72 year old woman long past menopause, I find that recently I am suffering nightly from excessive sweating. I have had a complete hysterectomy and oophorectomy; therefore I don't believe that hormones are the problem.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I noticed that I have consistently have night sweats about 3 days before I start my monthly cycle and continues 2-3 days after. My cycle is irregular with occurrence every 14 days in recent months. The night sweats only happens below my waist/hip section. Sometimes I sweat everywhere but it seems to concentrate in my mid section most of the time. I am in my mid thirties so not sure if this is normal.

Comment from: patriciajsasha, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 31

My husband is 29 and for the last 6 months he gets severe night sweats from his face down through his neck and chest. It has a very sweaty odor to it and it happens about 10 minutes after he starts a deep sleep. He wears no night clothes and he will soak through the sheets and into the mattress so much so that the mattress can't dry out all the way during the day.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I am a 37 year old woman who experiences night sweats frequently. I awaken with drenched sheets and bed clothing. I am concerned about an early onset of menopause.

Comment from: shahar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

My night sweats occur normally in the early hours of the morning and my body seems to be burning. I then immediately throw the covers off me and within a few minutes become very cold again. I then have an incredible hunger for something sweet, and then an incredible thirst. Then the sweats carrying on and off for a few more hours.

Comment from: lgw, 65-74 Male Published: March 31

I am in year three of a kidney transplant, and all is very good. However during the last year I wake up with the sheets quite wet from sweat. Arm pits will be dripping. I sleep natural with sheets and a light blanket. No other problems. May be from pro Graff or CellCept.

Comment from: Babette, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 26

I wake up in the night, and I am sweaty from about the hips down. My legs are drenched and dripping. I doesn't take long to dry, and there is no smell of sweat.

Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.