Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Comment from: Veteran, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

When I mention having night sweats, clinicians look at me as if I have 16 eyes just because I am a male. I have had them for years. Most of the time, I just get uncomfortably hot with no actual sweating. I uncover, and when I cool down, I have to recover because I prefer a very cool bedroom.

Comment from: Jen, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I am a 49 year old female. I have been getting night sweats (from my neck to the chest and on the back only) for about 3 consecutive nights now. There were no sweats on my forehead or anywhere else. I am usually a cold blooded person that needed to wear extra layers to bed. My hand is always cold. I had my blood tested 2 weeks ago and there is no indication that I am having menopause (maybe perimenopausal). I have been stressed lately and also been losing weight (not by choice).

Comment from: Connie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I wake in the morning wet from head to toe with sweat. I am 65 and over menopause.

Comment from: windmill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

I've been under immense stress for last 18 months, and lost 20 kg in weight since then. Last few weeks I starting sweating in the night so bad that sheets and everything is drenched.

Comment from: Dolly1957, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I just had a knee replacement and am taking Norco and warfarin. I am having night sweats and wondering if either of these medicines may be causing them.

Comment from: Arlene, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 21

Every 2 hours my whole body is sweating.

Comment from: Daisey, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I wake up at night wet with sweat on my head, throat, neck and chest.

Comment from: Sleepless, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

I am suffering from night sweats that cause me to wake up between 1 and 3 in the night even though the room temperature is below 70 F.

Comment from: sbjchristy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I have fibroids and liver masses that are benign. But the night sweats are unusual considering that I sleep with a fan set on high every night.

Comment from: tharpe59, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 03

I am trying to find out what is causing my night sweats. I wake up and my bed is soaked and I'm cold, my bed and body are soaked.

Comment from: herstory, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I wake up in a puddle of sweat. Then, when I wake up, I'm freezing.

Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.