Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with night sweats.

Comment from: Karen B, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I am a 58-year-old female. I had a total hysterectomy when I was 29 years old. I went through the hot flash times several years ago. Now, two weeks ago, I had a viral flu that was absolutely horrible. The fever and pain was so bad that I popped the ibuprofen more than I should have. Since getting over this flu, I have been having two to three night sweats that are not the same as the hot flashes. I only sweat from my neck down to my chest. I wake up soaking wet but only in that area.

Comment from: Collins, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 23

In the last two months, I have been waking up at 1 a.m. with my clothes completely drenched. It's as if someone has just dipped me in a bucket of water. I change my clothing and go back to sleep to find the above pattern has repeated itself at about 3 a.m. Sometimes, I get a third cycle of the above in one night, and then sometimes I can go for days without the night sweats.

Comment from: kindal, Female (Patient) Published: March 23

I have suddenly started having severe night sweats. I have been on hormone replacement therapy since age 23. (I am now 54 years old.) I've have never had a problem until now. Nothing has changed that I can pinpoint to determine a cause of the night sweats and difficulty sleeping. I take trazadone, but I have taken it for years without any side effects.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I get night sweats about three to four times a month. It is just my upper body, mostly in the neck area.

Comment from: sfxplant, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I occasionally have night sweats where I feel cold and hot at the same time. If I throw the covers off, then I'm suddenly freezing, so I stay covered up and sweat my brains out.

Comment from: Deedra, 35-44 Female Published: April 09

I am a 39 year old female. For the past 6 months or so I have been having night sweats almost every night. I wake up in the middle of the night drenched in seat from head to toe. I push my covers off of me and still continue to sweat. The air temperature in the house is about 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I also think I am developing insomnia, so that might have something to do with it. I am getting very frustrated with it because I do not know what is going on.

Comment from: dianne, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I am 33 years old. I have had night sweats for about 2 years. Some nights when I don't sleep well, I won't have them, but every night that I do fall into a good sleep, I sweat a lot.

Comment from: Ggramma B, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

As a 72 year old woman long past menopause, I find that recently I am suffering nightly from excessive sweating. I have had a complete hysterectomy and oophorectomy; therefore I don't believe that hormones are the problem.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

I noticed that I have consistently have night sweats about 3 days before I start my monthly cycle and continues 2-3 days after. My cycle is irregular with occurrence every 14 days in recent months. The night sweats only happens below my waist/hip section. Sometimes I sweat everywhere but it seems to concentrate in my mid section most of the time. I am in my mid thirties so not sure if this is normal.

Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.