Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Causes

What caused your night sweats?

Comment from: CancerTodd, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 08

Night sweats were the first real sign I had that I had cancer. Stage 4 B and T cell lymphoma as well as a rare blood disease called HLH (hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis). Twenty six Rounds of chemotherapy and free at last! Night sweats saved my life.

Comment from: Molly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I have been experiencing night sweats quite often recently. I wake up absolutely soaked. My body, pajamas, the sheets, and bed are soaked. Due to a hysterectomy at the age of forty, I went through menopause in my early forties so I know this is not the cause. I like a cool bedroom so that is not the issue.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 22

I am a 61 year old male, I have been waking up every night in a sweat in my chest area and have had to change my shirt because it is soaked. I have had this for years, off and on. I don"t know what the cause is.

Comment from: steve, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

A week ago I woke up around 4 or 5 am and I was wet from head to toe with sweat. It only happened once. I recently learned I have slightly high blood pressure of 140/90+.

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with night sweats.
Night Sweats - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.