Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Treatment

What was the treatment for your night sweats?

Comment from: fc, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

My husband is 34 years old and has heavy night sweats for about 6 months. Where he wakes up soaked and needs to change clothes and even the bed sheets. He has renal failure and last year was hospitalized with meningitis from west Niles and cysticercosis. I don't know what to do I told his doctor about this condition but they think there is nothing going on. They have not done any further testing I am thinking of changing doctors.

Comment from: bocowell, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 09

Please get checked for a rare bacterial infection called Whipple's disease. You have many of the symptoms and it is so rare that doctors don't even test for it. Still most of the symptoms you listed in your 2009 description are associated with this disease. I hope you read this and if it is Whipple's disease you will be treated and recover.

Comment from: looking for answers, 25-34 Female Published: February 08

I am just lost, I've tried researching about these night sweats but I don't know how to go around the explanation or symptoms. I've always - as far as I can remember - have had night sweats, my sleep clothes get oily, yellowish and stink fast. Seriously I cannot keep a PJ for longer than 3-4 uses before it reeks; and I am talking washed clothes, they reek. My day clothes get in the same condition fast. I am a woman, but this has happened since forever. I remember being a teen and wondering why I had to look at my new clothes and cry, because they were ruined in two wears. The armpits get icky, yellow or discolored and with this MASS on them! I washed them every possible way, and the stains and accumulation did not go away. The smell is awful even though I am quite ANAL; which I why it drives me nuts. I shower every morning, then at night. I use no beauty products except for deodorant because then I stink even MORE! Of course I use shampoo and soap and all that. This is just so annoying, I stopped buying cute clothes by the time I was 18, because they all get ruined.

Comment from: Freshbreath, 65-74 Male Published: February 08

This happened 6-7 months ago. Woke up at night with my pillowcase and t-shirt drenched! No heat, no fever. Changed pillow case and t-shirt, and a few hours later....again! This happened a few nights at that time, but not every night. Not on any drugs, though have been taking supplements for the last 30 years. Just as I was getting ready to think I've got a real problem, the whole thing went away! Haven't had a repeat since then! Never understood what caused it.

Comment from: Sondra, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I am a 46 year old woman. I've been having severe night sweats for about three years. I sweat from my neck to my feet, drenching everything to the extent that I always have to change my clothes and sheets. After a sweat, I wake up in the morning to an odor too. I have been tested for menopause symptoms three times, always with a negative result. I'm just so tired of these sweats.

Comment from: carlie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I'm 59 and quit taking HRT (femhrt) three months ago. I had been taking HRT for 10 years. Now that I stopped, I have sudden rushes of heat throughout my body at night when I'm sleeping and wake up drenched in sweat. I am hoping they will stop soon!

Comment from: Pat, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 10

I am a 76 year old male who was diagnosed with Bronchitis and was treated with Clarithromycin and Medrol Dose Pak. I started having severe night sweats almost immediately. After finishing medicine the night sweats discontinued.

Comment from: tusjeanm, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I dread going to bed at night. I wake up freezing. I am wet from head to toe, my bed is wet all over, because I am looking for a dry spot. I bought a pad, but I still have to change the bed lines most every day.

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with night sweats.
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.