Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Treatment

What was the treatment for your night sweats?

Comment from: starr, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I am 42 years old. I've been having night sweats consistently for at least the last month. I don't feel hot when I go to bed. I have changed the type of night clothes I wear. I have changed the sheets but I still wake up drenched and I have to change my clothes. It's gotten to the point where I just take off my clothes at night because I just can't take it.

Comment from: misstee71, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I am a 40-year-old female with night sweats. This is something that has gone on for years. It doesn't matter what I wear to bed or that I have a fan blowing. I don't sleep with the heat on unless it is freezing cold outside. I usually wake during the night because I am hot and I am sweating. I am a person who was once diagnosed as hypothyroid and now I am hyperthyroid. Blood pressure hasn't been elevated in years. The doctor has told me that I am pre-diabetic and my recent blood sugar was 107.

Comment from: martha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

I am a 52 year old female. I have been experiencing night sweats for two years; waking up soaking wet and having to change clothes four to five times per night. I continue to have regular periods (every 28 days) and have no hot flashes during the day. Currently, I use progesterone cream and take promethium. These two prescribed medications help, but I feel that they also have contributed to weight gain.

Comment from: B767, 65-74 Male Published: May 12

Three separate sweat sessions 2-3 hours apart for the last three weeks. Also mild to moderate left side stomach cramps. No headache cold or flu symptoms. Reduced energy levels with an associated lack of desire to do anything! Into the 4th month taking 5mg crestor which I have stopped for the last 7 days. Get lots of walking in daily with reduced appetite but no real diet change. Do not take any other medication of any type.

Comment from: trlfemale, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I am 53. I had a hysterectomy at age 21. My muscles are getting very weak. I am starting to lose strength in my hands. My right hand has a tremor and now my when I try to do the Boy Scout sign with my grandson my index finger will not straighten out. I keep my heat on 55 at night but wake up in a cold sweat and I feel like my heart is barely beating. It takes me about two hours to feel better. I have periods during the day where I start shaking get really pale and feel very sick.

Comment from: gera1234, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 27

I am a 39 year old male and I have night sweats every so often I cover my bed and sheets in sweat my wife says that I dream all the time but I don't remember what I dream. Sometimes I can say that I do and they are horrible dreams I snore really bad. I am just concerned because my health is in good condition I get checked in my job every so often what could be my problem.

Comment from: Maridonna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I am 55 years old and experiednce night sweats almost every night, especially when I move my body to the other side. I am sweating even when it's very cold. It started 2 years ago until now. I got surgery for my thyroid last 2009.

Comment from: Clackamill, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I am a 64 year old woman. Almost every night 2 or 3 times a night I wake up sweating. I throw the blankets off go back to sleep and it happens again a couple of hours later. This has been going on for probably 15 years and I don't know what to do about it. Am I sick with something or could this just be "me".

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with night sweats.
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.