Patient Comments: Night Sweats - Treatment

What was the treatment for your night sweats?

Comment from: ttime647, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I am a 65 year old male kidney transplant patient. Sometimes, I will go 7-10 days with sweating of my upper torso. It happens when I fall asleep, whether I'm in bed or sitting up. I will find myself changing pajama tops 2 or 3 times at night. Eventually, I started to sleep on a pad and with a large bath towel on my chest. When I awaken in the morning the towel can actually be rung out. I am diabetic, but this is not due to a drop in blood sugars. I keep my diabetes under control. None of my doctors have been able to provide answers.

Comment from: sissygirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

For months I've had extreme night sweats. It is winter. I sleep with windows open even in 32-40 degree weather at night with no heat,and the ceiling fan blowing straight on me. Still even laying there with nothing but my underwear on sweat pours off of me and soaks the bed within an hour. I change sides of the bed, then get up and do laundry, washing the soaked bedding and mattress cover. This goes on all night every night. I'm lucky to get a couple of hours sleep a night. I'm exhausted! I've gone to one doctor, no luck. I'm having to wait three and a half months for an appointment to see another doctor. By then,if there is something wrong I could be dead.

Comment from: Tired of night sweat, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I'm 42 years old and have rheumatoid arthritis. I sleep with a fan blowing right at my face and I still wake up soaking wet. I sleep without anything on hoping that will help but unfortunately it doesn't. I have looked up all my medications and none of them have a side effect of night sweat. It's been happening for about a year now.

Comment from: louise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I stopped severe sweats when I stopped eating sweets and carbs (including any milk) for my hypoglycemia. The carbs feed the yeast in the body which affects glands and adrenaline. As the body tries to detox the yeast and it's toxins and fermentations like carbon dioxide, the sweat increases to push the toxins out of body. The body's increased activity results in faster circulation to get the job done. Find out what you are eating, including medicines you are taking which could be toxic to your body. The smell toxins are also gone. I was tested for candida yeast and it was very high. Yeast vaccines did not work, but diet works along with eating greens and proteins

Comment from: jpludee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

My sweating has nothing to do with menopause. It was a side effect of getting too little air. Having a doctor trying to figure out why I could sleep up to 18 hours a day, eventually, a sleep study was done. I did not snore, but I gasped for air every minute, This was caused by a deviated septum when I broke my nose at the age of 4. Now, with a CPAC, rarely do I sweat at night. Always sweating any time for no reason, sometimes I use the CPAC during the day and it really helps.

Comment from: zoes mom, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 06

For the past several weeks I have been sweating profusely across the chest and it literally runs down my legs. I wake up absolutely drenched, the sheets are wet and I feel exhausted when I wake up. I'm thinking menopause.

Comment from: Evan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 17

I am a 55 year old black woman, who has periods stop ever since 2005. Then in 2009 I had 1 month of bleeding. My tubes were taken out and that's all, no cancer. However, I have had, and continue to have, real bad hot sweats. I don't drink caffeine, I try to stay away from chocolate. It's hard to concentrate, no energy, and constant cravings for sweets. I take a sip of a 5hr energy drink to start me off, can't drink half nor whole. I don't know what to do.

Night Sweats - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with night sweats.
Night Sweats - Causes Question: What caused your night sweats?
Night Sweats - Menopause Question: Did you have night sweats during menopause? If so, please share your experience, including remedies.