- High Blood Pressure Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Salt Quiz!
- Lowering Blood Pressure Exercise Tips Pictures
- What brand names are available for nicardipine?
- Is nicardipine available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for nicardipine?
- What are the side effects of nicardipine?
- What is the dosage for nicardipine?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with nicardipine?
- Is nicardipine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about nicardipine?
What brand names are available for nicardipine?
Cardene, Cardene SR
Is nicardipine available as a generic drug?
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
Do I need a prescription for nicardipine?
What are the side effects of nicardipine?
Side effects include:
Fainting, over growth of the gums, and rash also may occur. It may increase heart rate due to a drop in blood pressure. Nicardipine sometimes causes an increase in the frequency and duration of angina. The reason for this side effect is not clearly understood. Excessively low blood pressure can occur in rare instances, especially during initiation of treatment or following adjustments of dosage.
Quick GuideHow to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.