Patient Comments: Neutropenia - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your neutropenia?

Comment from: sad woman, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 03

My best friend developed neutropenia at age 21 after quite some time of being ill, at this stage they didn't know what neutropenia was, they have changed the names over the years cyclic neutropenia sepsis (doesn't exist) to cyclic neutropenia to neutropenia sepsis I don't really think they knew much at all, he was constantly in hospital with infections and pneumonia, it got the best of him 6 weeks ago:( he was aged 36. Please if you have neutropenia make sure you look after yourself and read up on it don't just trust the doctors!

Comment from: MoJo1960, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

I was just diagnosed at the age of 50 with neutropenia. I have never had any symptoms and have been extremely healthy which puzzles both me and my doctor. My doctor recently took over from my previous doctor of 25 years who was retiring and looked back in my file to see I have had this for conditions now for 2 years. I don't know if I should be concerned or not!

Comment from: lilly, Female (Caregiver) Published: May 19

My two year old grandson has neutropinia. He has had all infections at once staph and skin infections scarlett fever and step and over all ear infections now. He is on neurogen shots I give him at home he's two years old and doing well for now we are still waiting for his one year old sister's results on neutropinia.

Comment from: Siobhan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I have neutropenia and feel very exhausted. My mouth is sore and my arm aches. Also I am getting shooting pains in the right side of my neck.

Neutropenia - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with neutropenia
Neutropenia - Treatments Question: How did you treat your neutropenia?
Neutropenia - Diagnosis Question: In addition to blood tests, what other types of tests or exams did you have to determine the cause of your neutropenia?