Patient Comments: Neutropenia - Treatments

How did you treat your neutropenia?

Comment from: Lindsey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

7 years I was admitted to hospital as an emergency following first chemotherapy with an excessive temperature and had started fitting. I was told my white cell count was immeasurable and that I was in the danger zone. I have recently found out I was resuscitated. I spent 5 days in hospital with countless medications and received 2 pints of blood and a nightly injection to boost white cell production. Once my count had recovered I discussed with my oncologists the risks of continuing with the chemotherapy and we agreed to try 50% plus the injection to boost white cell production. This was successful and I had no further adverse reaction.

Neutropenia - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with neutropenia
Neutropenia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your neutropenia?
Neutropenia - Diagnosis Question: In addition to blood tests, what other types of tests or exams did you have to determine the cause of your neutropenia?