Patient Comments: Neutropenia - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with neutropenia

Comment from: lovinlif2max, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I have been a cyclic neutropenic for 16 years. I found out about it at 48 years of age. It is indeed a very difficult disease to live with, but I have been so blessed by my doctor who is an expert in neutropenia. I think that is the key with this disease: You need to find a doctor who knows what he is doing and then will do it!

Comment from: Karen, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 12

My daughter is 11 years old and has had neutropenia for a year now. Her white cells are low all the time! We check her counts once a month. Everything is looking good right now!

Comment from: themesquiter, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 05

My white count has been getting progressively lower. Now at 2.5 on a scale of 3.6-10.6. Specifically, my neutrophil absolute has fallen to 1.4 on a scale of 1.8-6.8. I recently read that the heart pill I am on can cause low white count. I take 2 Rythmol SR caps (225mg) per day. (Propafenone). Has anyone else found this, or other drugs, to be the cause of low white count?

Neutropenia - Treatments Question: How did you treat your neutropenia?
Neutropenia - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your neutropenia?
Neutropenia - Diagnosis Question: In addition to blood tests, what other types of tests or exams did you have to determine the cause of your neutropenia?