Patient Comments: Neck Pain - Effective Treatments

Please describe what treatments have been effective with your neck pain.

Comment from: Nikki, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I have suffered from neck pain on and off for a few years. This recent episode started at the end of November 2008. It is on my right side and affects my shoulder and gives me headaches. I also have floaters in my right eye, which my chiropractor says is caused by the neck pain. I am sick of taking painkillers, as I had an ovarian cyst for a year. I had that removed in September 2008. I have been to many doctors to get a CT scan performed to make sure I haven't got a brain tumor or something else, but they won't give me one.

Comment from: Marky1, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 22

I slightly injured my neck five years ago and it eventually turned into a minor arthritic problem in my neck. Motrin would usually make the pain go away. Now I am 58 and two weeks ago the pain intensified to unbearable headaches. I have tried Motrin, Tylenol and other pain killers which do nothing. I am not sure if it was the recent cold weather or a golf outing but the neck pain and headaches are unbearable, 24 hours per day.

Comment from: Louise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I'm suffering from neck and shoulder pain which is causing my eye site to be bad weakness on the right side of my face pains shifts from side to side in the neck and shoulder. The eye problem is happening from the pains in my neck. Thanks for listening just need some relief had this problem for 14 years every day.

Comment from: Kathy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

Acupuncture has given me relief from neck and migraine headaches better than my prescription medications. It has lasted for long periods of time and my insurance paid for the procedure. I am burned out on taking medication for these conditions. I feel they treat the symptoms not the cause. Side effects from these medications are damaging my liver and kidneys. I prefer alternative treatments if at all possible.

Comment from: joeth, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have pain in the left shoulder causing me to not be able to turn my neck fully. This pain travels down my left arm. There is also a feeling of numbness and painkillers are not helping.

Neck Pain - Causes Question: What caused your neck pain?
Neck Pain - Other Symptoms Question: Besides the obvious, what other symptoms have you experienced with your neck pain?