Patient Comments: Neck Pain - Other Symptoms

Besides the obvious, what other symptoms have you experienced with your neck pain?

Comment from: renee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

Mycobacterium marinum

Comment from: reddogger, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I experience grinding and cracking like a knuckle, I have snapping instant sharp pain, all when turning my head or nodding. I also have pain radiating to the shoulder and arm numbness, all on the right side.

Comment from: Kim, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have neck pain which is chronic. I have difficulty turning head/neck to left. There is a crunching sound with movement on occasion. I also have headaches along with shoulder pain.

Comment from: ann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I experienced stiff neck first at the base of the neck, which then moved to the right side and then included the shoulder. I have a high tolerance to pain, however this is a 10. Cold doesn't seem to affect it nor heat. I took Tylenol but found no relief.

Comment from: Pinky, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have upper back pain, with some numbness, tingling and itching. Pain has also gone into neck.

Comment from: Inpain, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

The pain in my neck woke me up around 3:00am. I tried to move my head buy the pain was so intense I cried. I took 2 Naprosyn and there has been no relief. I cannot move my head back or to the sides. I can only move it a little forward. Pain won"t go away.

Comment from: fuzz610, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

I didn't do my neck any favors when I was younger. I remember making it sore and not being able to turn my head quite a few times. Lately there is a constant dull ache in the left neck/shoulder area and my left arm is noticeably weaker with middle and pointing finger a little numb.

Comment from: Honey, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

Along with neck pain, my ear is throbbing and I have head pain.

Comment from: Rosie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

For the past few months I have had some pain on the left side of my neck when I awaken. It became a bit more painful over the month. I attributed this to my gardening activities; I had been planting lots of bulbs in pot along with other gardening chores which caused me lean toward my right side, etc. But, yesterday I lifted/dragged some heavy bags of soil in the garden. Today I am in severe pain when I lean forward, backwards, or turn my head.

Comment from: john, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have neck pain that goes to my shoulder and one side of my head.

Neck Pain - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective with your neck pain.
Neck Pain - Causes Question: What caused your neck pain?