Patient Comments: Neck Pain - Other Symptoms

Besides the obvious, what other symptoms have you experienced with your neck pain?

Comment from: Cuty1000, (Patient) Published: July 08

I have chronic neck pain for the last two years, and it's getting worse. I can't turn my head to the left, it hurts when I do it. It's a constant throbbing, it gets worse when I do any activity that involves looking down, which is almost doing anything. My arms get numb, shoulders are in constant pain, headaches every day. Some days are worse depending on my activities. I get strong pain on my back, and it feels like it's on fire. Many times I lose energy and feel tired and get dizzy. I hope every morning to have the strength.

Comment from: renee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

Mycobacterium marinum

Comment from: reddogger, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I experience grinding and cracking like a knuckle, I have snapping instant sharp pain, all when turning my head or nodding. I also have pain radiating to the shoulder and arm numbness, all on the right side.

Comment from: Kim, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have neck pain which is chronic. I have difficulty turning head/neck to left. There is a crunching sound with movement on occasion. I also have headaches along with shoulder pain.

Comment from: ann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I experienced stiff neck first at the base of the neck, which then moved to the right side and then included the shoulder. I have a high tolerance to pain, however this is a 10. Cold doesn't seem to affect it nor heat. I took Tylenol but found no relief.

Comment from: bonnie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

I have pain that goes from my neck across shoulder down my hand to 3 of my fingers.

Comment from: nberle, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 09

My scalp hurts, like someone is pulling my hair. My neck hurts also, I don't know what this is, but would really like to get it fixed.

Comment from: Pinky, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have upper back pain, with some numbness, tingling and itching. Pain has also gone into neck.

Comment from: Inpain, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

The pain in my neck woke me up around 3:00am. I tried to move my head buy the pain was so intense I cried. I took 2 Naprosyn and there has been no relief. I cannot move my head back or to the sides. I can only move it a little forward. Pain won"t go away.

Comment from: fuzz610, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 20

I didn't do my neck any favors when I was younger. I remember making it sore and not being able to turn my head quite a few times. Lately there is a constant dull ache in the left neck/shoulder area and my left arm is noticeably weaker with middle and pointing finger a little numb.

Neck Pain - Effective Treatments Question: Please describe what treatments have been effective with your neck pain.
Neck Pain - Causes Question: What caused your neck pain?