- Bacterial Infections 101 Pictures Slideshow
- Take the Tummy Trouble Quiz
- Hepatitis C Slideshow Pictures
- Patient Comments: NDM-1 - Treatment
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- NDM-1 facts
- What is NDM-1?
- What causes NDM-1 to be produced in bacteria?
- What are symptoms and signs of a person infected with bacteria carrying NDM-1?
- How are bacteria that produce NDM-1 identified?
- What is the treatment for an infection caused by bacteria that make NDM-1?
- What is the prognosis for a person infected with NDM-1 producing bacteria?
- Is it possible to prevent infections with bacteria containing NDM-1?
- Where can people find more information about NDM-1 producing bacteria?
Where can people find more information about NDM-1 producing bacteria?
More information about NDM-1 is available from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
Kumarasamy, K.K., M.A. Toleman, T.R. Walsh, J. Bagaria, F. Butt, et al. "Emergence of a New Antibiotic Resistance Mechanism in India, Pakistan, and the UK: A Molecular, Biological, and Epidemiological Study." Lancet Infect Dis 10 (2010): 597-602.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Detection of Enterobacteriaceae Isolates Carrying Metallo-Beta-Lactamase --- United States, 2010." MMWR 59.24 (2010): 750. <http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5924a5.htm>.
United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Guidance for Control of Infections with Carbapenem-Resistant or Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae in Acute Care Facilities." MMWR 58.10 Mar. 20, 2009: 256-260. <http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5810a4.htm>.