Patient Comments: Nausea and Vomiting - Causes

What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?

Comment from: eva, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 26

I was diagnosed with rheumatic fever at 34 by an Indian doctor who has seen cases like mine in children in India. I have had excruciating pain in my joints for more than a month but the doctors did not suspect it because it was unusual for my age. I was put on penicillin for 5 years. My problem is that even 9 years later I get pain in my joints and some chest pain several times a year; usually when the weather changes. Doctors tell me that rheumatic fever does not have this effect but the pain is pretty real.

Comment from: Carmel, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

With costochondritis I have very severe pain and tenderness in tissues across left breastbone into breast and out to the back of left breast; also underarm tenderness on left hand side. Tissue in this area feels sore to touch and very tender. I have quite a stabbing pain, severe at times. Almost inclined to take your breath away and sore when you take a breath.

Comment from: missconni, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been vomiting off and on for about 2 months. After I eat I feel over-full, and nauseous even if I don't eat that much. Some of the time the nausea can be calmed with milk, most times I vomit several times until I dry heave, then I throw up more, later. I told my doctor, he said it was because I was constipated. I don't think so. I do not have any pain in my stomach, or anywhere else. I wonder if I should go to the emergency room.

Comment from: romy b., 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 05

On December 25th, I vomited early in the morning after eating a grilled fish that was grilled a day before. All food that I take went out. I vomited for 2 days; until I realized eating the grilled fish caused it. I filled dizzy until now.

Comment from: Doug, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 01

I have been taking care of my mother for 14 months now, she has had 8 in. of her colon removed, and open heart surgery. She went in for nausea and vomiting, and she has been seen by over 200 doctors but no one knows what is wrong. They said they have run every test known to man, and cannot find anything wrong with her but she still can't keep anything down. We go to emergency room (ER) every other day, sometimes twice in one day. After looking at her tests that have been done, we have tried health food stores. We are at a loss and don't know what to do.

Comment from: John, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

I have pancreatic neuroendocrine cancer.

Comment from: loise, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I was suffering from chronic pain. I took many treatments and medicines, but no improvement was seen. Then somebody suggested to me to go to a pain management center for the chronic pain treatment. Professional and experienced doctors treated me in a calm way. I did not have to wait any more for the consultation with the doctor. The staff was very cooperative, experienced, and helpful. Now there is no pain.

Comment from: eartheart, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I been having horrible nausea and vomiting since I started taking medication to prevent HIV infection (post exposure prophylaxis) and unwanted pregnancy. I am worried the medication will not go into effect if I keep vomiting like this. I really need advice on how to curb the vomiting.

Nausea And Vomiting - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?