Patient Comments: Nausea and Vomiting - Causes

What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?

Comment from: Mary Murray, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 13

I have this underlying feeling of nausea but it is not preventing me from eating. Certain smells make me nauseous. Sometimes warm water enters my mouth and makes me want to vomit, although I have only actually vomited once.

Comment from: scherer, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I have suffered from nausea every day since I was a toddler and have carried it through to old age. I have had periods of reprieve, but mostly I live with nausea. Most doctors don't understand it and or ignore it. I have been to many, many psychological forms of therapy to no avail.

Comment from: brent, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

For six years I, a strong relatively healthy 29 year old male, have had bouts of vomiting and severe abdominal pain that last about 2 weeks. I have about 3 bouts a year that mostly I can control with visits to the hospital for intravenous fluids and paid meds. Sometimes it goes out of control and is very bad and have been hospitalized 3 times. I have had every test available in Canada and been to 3 different hospitals in two provinces and they are all dumb founded. Help this is ruining my life and my wife and mother are ready for a nervous breakdown. After my third bout 5 years ago I had lost 45 lbs. and could not work for 6 months.

Nausea And Vomiting - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?