Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: olebeng, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

It is almost a month and half now. I feel nauseated anytime of the day. Nothing related to food. I think this is something to do with psychological aspect of my mind, because if for example I look at the food and start wondering how they were prepared, who prepared them and how the handled them, I will definitely vomit after eating them. It is like I am always guarding against vomiting every minute. I am physical fit and healthy, LFTs (liver function tests) were fine.

Comment from: rcy, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: January 15

My wife has had constant nausea for the last year. Local doctors have no reason, nor does the Mayo Clinic. It can leave almost immediately and then return in an hour. Sometimes she will vomit, but no food. Food does not seem to cause the nausea, she can eat while nauseated but she rarely vomits after eating. Most of the time the nausea is the worst during the night time.

Comment from: tatsshorty, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 27

I started getting nausea and started vomiting about 4 weeks ago. Sometimes when a wave of nausea hits I start sweating. I vomit first thing in the morning, when I wake up from a nap. It is usually dry heaves if I do not drink something. The nausea is off and on throughout the day, the vomiting will occur after smelling certain smells or eating certain foods. I did a home pregnancy test at the begging of this, it was negative.

Comment from: JoeYouKnow, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 07

I have had severe bouts of vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea all my life. Over the years, it has gotten worse. I had an upper and lower GI done and they discovered that I had acid reflux and IBS. However, sometimes I experience something else entirely where I vomit profusely for hours. I also have Meniere's, which triggers my vomiting. However, for the past three weeks, I have been vomiting nonstop. I dropped 10 pounds in two days, and I can't hold anything down. I don't know if it's a virus or a parasite, but I have this weird feeling in my stomach. It almost feels like hunger, but it's different. I have no appetite. I'm not stressed out at all, and I don't worry about life normally, but I would really like to stop vomiting. Along with diarrhea, my feces have been green. I can't even hold any of the BRAT diet down. I don't know how much longer my body can take it, I feel like I'm on the verge of collapsing. Nausea can be caused by Meniere's, but not vomiting like this. I don't have stomach cramps, like from IBS, and I'm not burning from acid reflux.

Comment from: Vicki, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

For many months, I have experienced a severe nausea, generally within half an hour after eating. It's sometimes triggered by certain odors, especially room fresheners/deodorizers. I actually gag and "vomit" a bit of fluid. However, the last two days, the reaction has been much more severe. This morning, I vomited all of breakfast. There is no stomach pain involved, it's more of a gag reaction from my throat area. I've tried eliminating certain foods, but that doesn't seem to affect it. I'm wondering if it is at all related to the Lisinopril I've been taking for my high blood pressure for about six months now.

Comment from: Silserp, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

For people who are suffering from a mucus cough try adding an antihistamine to your daily medications. For me at least it will stop the post nasal drip that lisinopril can cause which also causes the nausea and the need to throwing up.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

Every time I drink anything I want to throw up. I have to force myself to throw up because I feel so bad in my abdomen.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?