Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: rcy, 75 or over Female (Caregiver) Published: January 15

My wife has had constant nausea for the last year. Local doctors have no reason, nor does the Mayo Clinic. It can leave almost immediately and then return in an hour. Sometimes she will vomit, but no food. Food does not seem to cause the nausea, she can eat while nauseated but she rarely vomits after eating. Most of the time the nausea is the worst during the night time.

Comment from: JoeYouKnow, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 07

I have had severe bouts of vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea all my life. Over the years, it has gotten worse. I had an upper and lower GI done and they discovered that I had acid reflux and IBS. However, sometimes I experience something else entirely where I vomit profusely for hours. I also have Meniere's, which triggers my vomiting. However, for the past three weeks, I have been vomiting nonstop. I dropped 10 pounds in two days, and I can't hold anything down. I don't know if it's a virus or a parasite, but I have this weird feeling in my stomach. It almost feels like hunger, but it's different. I have no appetite. I'm not stressed out at all, and I don't worry about life normally, but I would really like to stop vomiting. Along with diarrhea, my feces have been green. I can't even hold any of the BRAT diet down. I don't know how much longer my body can take it, I feel like I'm on the verge of collapsing. Nausea can be caused by Meniere's, but not vomiting like this. I don't have stomach cramps, like from IBS, and I'm not burning from acid reflux.

Comment from: Vicki, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

For many months, I have experienced a severe nausea, generally within half an hour after eating. It's sometimes triggered by certain odors, especially room fresheners/deodorizers. I actually gag and "vomit" a bit of fluid. However, the last two days, the reaction has been much more severe. This morning, I vomited all of breakfast. There is no stomach pain involved, it's more of a gag reaction from my throat area. I've tried eliminating certain foods, but that doesn't seem to affect it. I'm wondering if it is at all related to the Lisinopril I've been taking for my high blood pressure for about six months now.

Comment from: JC, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 21

I am a patient that is just starting to be tested because I feel nausea 10 seconds right after I eat a meal and feel a gagging feeling for about 10 seconds and then the feeling goes away. I sometimes feel some discomfort, but nothing else. I have had an X-ray, an ultrasound, and another test that checks if the gallbladder is giving out the right amount of chemical enzymes from my liver. They all came out good. I also had a blood test that came out good. I am taking a test where I have to drink a liquid and then blow into a plastic bag to check for bacteria. After that test, I am taking an endoscopy next week. I still do not know what is wrong with me.

Published: July 30

I'm not in the greatest shape because I have always either gotten a ride or driven everywhere I've gone. I have a fear of buses so I have never ridden one. Two weeks ago I ended up having to start walking to and from work in the AZ heat. I work from 8-5 M-F. I only lived just under four miles from my work, so it was not that bad. Circumstances changed and moved 3 days ago and I moved just under 15miles away. So I got a bike and rode it to work. I was worn out, hot and just miserable, but I survived. On the way home both my front and back brakes started to stick, so it felt like I was riding up hill the whole way home. I ended up breaking my water bottle so I did not have anything to drink and I had nothing to lock my bike up so I did not stop. No one was available for a ride, I decided (hastily), to just get it done and over with. Not five min after I got home I started vomiting, I tried everything to cool down, but did not stop till 2:30am. I was okay by the time I had to go to work again that same morning. I decided I was going to ride the bus, so I packed up my four kids, and walked to the bus stop a mile away. Not even a block into the walk I started shaking and couldn't breathe. I made it to day care and work. Now I started vomiting again and everything I drink only makes me vomit more. I am still at work and do not know what I should do.

Comment from: tijwana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I've been feeling nausea since December 8th 2013. I have low temperature of 95.9 F, am light headed and have fluttering in my chest. I can eat but feel like throwing up all the time. My head hurts and I really hurt all over and I have arthritis in my hips, neck and shoulder. I had a bladder lift in November.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?