Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Published: June 18

Great article that drew me to your site on vomiting and diarrhea. My son, now 19, has been dealing with "involuntary vomiting and diarrhea" since the age of 11. We've been everywhere (hospitals, specialty clinics) and met with everyone (gp., gastro specialists, heart specialists, psych's). Diagnoses of cyclic vomiting, gastroenteritis, gastritis, GERD, (in addition to numerous others) and also being a psychological issue have all been ruled out. He has learned to deal with "a.m. only" vomiting for the past several years now and the ongoing diarrhea. After 7 years of being picked/poked/prodded he said, "no more." We've only encountered one other person that has this condition with no name or diagnosis attached to it and that person was one of his high school teachers. He did go to Mayo and they were unable to figure out what was wrong with him. He is now in his late 30's and still dealing with it, as we are and will continue to do so

Published: June 12

I am a 43 year old female who has both reactive hypoglycemia and GERD. I am nauseated most every minute of every day. I am on metoclopramide, which is okay, but does not take the nausea away. I have to make sure that I eat about 4 times a day, and in small quantities. My mom had gallbladder disease and had hers out, but, I have had a scan for gallbladder and of course, nothing shows up. The reason I had the scan done is because I have waist-high stabbing pains which are excruciating. I am about to lose my mind from being nauseated for so long someone mentioned Meniere's disease also, I do not have any health insurance and the test for it is expensive. Please...anybody...with any information that might help me feel better.

Published: June 09

Daughter is 14, 5 months ago became a vegetarian, 1 month ago a vegan. Eats well, follows the pyramid for vegans, however last week in the AM she throws up 5-6 times then feels fine, not pregnant, this week she did it two times during week, once in am and then in the evening then feels fine.

Comment from: jessie, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 14

My son is 12 years old. We were out all morning cutting weeds under the fence in the pasture. He complained of being hot and said he had a headache. We went in and he vomited, he took a cool shower and vomited again, he still has a headache and is afraid to eat or drink. I asked him to look into the light and to look straight down, neither of which seem to bother him.

Comment from: Claire , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been having nausea and vomiting for a week, off and on, with pain on the left side just under my rib cage. My last blood test showed I wasn't absorbing my vitamins and the ER nurse gave me iron vitamins and magnesium. They also treated me for high blood sugar.

Published: July 28

I have had chronic nausea for 2 years now. Mostly in the a.m., but many times after I eat. I was diagnosed with GERD 8 years ago and I am able to keep the heartburn at bay. I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago hoping the female problems were the cause, but it has not changed. I do not have insurance, so I am unable to get the expensive diagnostic test to find a "reason". In the meantime I have not found any relief with over the counter meds.

Published: July 07

I was nauseous yesterday and the day before. I usually take hot baths to sooth the stomach and drink ginger ale.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?