Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Published: June 09

Daughter is 14, 5 months ago became a vegetarian, 1 month ago a vegan. Eats well, follows the pyramid for vegans, however last week in the AM she throws up 5-6 times then feels fine, not pregnant, this week she did it two times during week, once in am and then in the evening then feels fine.

Comment from: jessie, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 14

My son is 12 years old. We were out all morning cutting weeds under the fence in the pasture. He complained of being hot and said he had a headache. We went in and he vomited, he took a cool shower and vomited again, he still has a headache and is afraid to eat or drink. I asked him to look into the light and to look straight down, neither of which seem to bother him.

Comment from: Claire , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I have been having nausea and vomiting for a week, off and on, with pain on the left side just under my rib cage. My last blood test showed I wasn't absorbing my vitamins and the ER nurse gave me iron vitamins and magnesium. They also treated me for high blood sugar.

Published: July 28

I have had chronic nausea for 2 years now. Mostly in the a.m., but many times after I eat. I was diagnosed with GERD 8 years ago and I am able to keep the heartburn at bay. I had a hysterectomy 5 weeks ago hoping the female problems were the cause, but it has not changed. I do not have insurance, so I am unable to get the expensive diagnostic test to find a "reason". In the meantime I have not found any relief with over the counter meds.

Published: July 07

I was nauseous yesterday and the day before. I usually take hot baths to sooth the stomach and drink ginger ale.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?