Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Published: July 09

Two weeks ago today, I had lunch at an upscale cafe. Within two hours, I vomited in my car on the way home. I was sick two more times that day. Since then, I have felt nauseated several times a day. Yesterday, two hours after eating a banana, I felt nauseated, and vomited several times. I do have reflux problems, from time to time, during the night. I have mild heartburn every day now and subtle pain here and there in my stomach.

Published: July 08

I was watching my son play the Sony PS3 and was feeling fine when all of a sudden I felt overwhelmingly nauseous. It was at first to be thought to be a video game induced thing. But now 12 hours later, it is still with me. I took Dramamine before I went to bed. Felt fine this morning. I drank coffee and felt fine. Then I became hungry. I ate and now I feel nauseous again. I think it odd how it came about. Antacids and Anti-gas medications do not do anything. I am going to try Dramamine again and maybe not eat solid foods for awhile, as well.

Published: July 07

My friend has had two episodes of profuse vomiting. She will vomit like nine times and then end up going to the hospital for treatment of dehydration and then sent home because they cannot find a cause. This just happened again, it has been nine months since the last episode. The hospital ran only basic tests.

Published: June 26

My seven year old daughter is experiencing nausea now for over two weeks and the doctor keeps saying it is a virus. The nausea is constant, variable in intensity and especially bothersome during a ride in the car. About 75% of the time she just wants to lay down and rest. In the two week period she has experienced two days of vomiting nine days apart. She eats very little and isn't much interested in her normal activities. I have insisted on blood work (yesterday) and we are awaiting results currently.

Published: June 18

Great article that drew me to your site on vomiting and diarrhea. My son, now 19, has been dealing with "involuntary vomiting and diarrhea" since the age of 11. We've been everywhere (hospitals, specialty clinics) and met with everyone (gp., gastro specialists, heart specialists, psych's). Diagnoses of cyclic vomiting, gastroenteritis, gastritis, GERD, (in addition to numerous others) and also being a psychological issue have all been ruled out. He has learned to deal with "a.m. only" vomiting for the past several years now and the ongoing diarrhea. After 7 years of being picked/poked/prodded he said, "no more." We've only encountered one other person that has this condition with no name or diagnosis attached to it and that person was one of his high school teachers. He did go to Mayo and they were unable to figure out what was wrong with him. He is now in his late 30's and still dealing with it, as we are and will continue to do so

Published: June 12

I am a 43 year old female who has both reactive hypoglycemia and GERD. I am nauseated most every minute of every day. I am on metoclopramide, which is okay, but does not take the nausea away. I have to make sure that I eat about 4 times a day, and in small quantities. My mom had gallbladder disease and had hers out, but, I have had a scan for gallbladder and of course, nothing shows up. The reason I had the scan done is because I have waist-high stabbing pains which are excruciating. I am about to lose my mind from being nauseated for so long someone mentioned Meniere's disease also, I do not have any health insurance and the test for it is expensive. Please...anybody...with any information that might help me feel better.

Published: June 09

Daughter is 14, 5 months ago became a vegetarian, 1 month ago a vegan. Eats well, follows the pyramid for vegans, however last week in the AM she throws up 5-6 times then feels fine, not pregnant, this week she did it two times during week, once in am and then in the evening then feels fine.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?