Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: JC, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 21

I am a patient that is just starting to be tested because I feel nausea 10 seconds right after I eat a meal and feel a gagging feeling for about 10 seconds and then the feeling goes away. I sometimes feel some discomfort, but nothing else. I have had an X-ray, an ultrasound, and another test that checks if the gallbladder is giving out the right amount of chemical enzymes from my liver. They all came out good. I also had a blood test that came out good. I am taking a test where I have to drink a liquid and then blow into a plastic bag to check for bacteria. After that test, I am taking an endoscopy next week. I still do not know what is wrong with me.

Published: July 30

I'm not in the greatest shape because I have always either gotten a ride or driven everywhere I've gone. I have a fear of buses so I have never ridden one. Two weeks ago I ended up having to start walking to and from work in the AZ heat. I work from 8-5 M-F. I only lived just under four miles from my work, so it was not that bad. Circumstances changed and moved 3 days ago and I moved just under 15miles away. So I got a bike and rode it to work. I was worn out, hot and just miserable, but I survived. On the way home both my front and back brakes started to stick, so it felt like I was riding up hill the whole way home. I ended up breaking my water bottle so I did not have anything to drink and I had nothing to lock my bike up so I did not stop. No one was available for a ride, I decided (hastily), to just get it done and over with. Not five min after I got home I started vomiting, I tried everything to cool down, but did not stop till 2:30am. I was okay by the time I had to go to work again that same morning. I decided I was going to ride the bus, so I packed up my four kids, and walked to the bus stop a mile away. Not even a block into the walk I started shaking and couldn't breathe. I made it to day care and work. Now I started vomiting again and everything I drink only makes me vomit more. I am still at work and do not know what I should do.

Comment from: tijwana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I've been feeling nausea since December 8th 2013. I have low temperature of 95.9 F, am light headed and have fluttering in my chest. I can eat but feel like throwing up all the time. My head hurts and I really hurt all over and I have arthritis in my hips, neck and shoulder. I had a bladder lift in November.

Comment from: lngislander, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My girlfriend has serious problems when she eats more than a half of a bagel she vomits. This happens too often and I am worried. She drinks a lot of energy drinks cause she works at a restaurant. She has trouble pooping as well.

Comment from: 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 28

I have a 6-year-old that has had vomiting issues for two weeks now. He only throws up when sleeping in bed, but it's not every night. It's been about five times in the last two weeks. The rest of the day, he is fine and only complains of a little stomach ache. He has no fever.

Comment from: deb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have had this happen to me twice, each time it was when I lied down at night. I got a horrible pain in my stomach, as if someone did a karate chop, and then it would burn really bad and then I would start vomiting. The first time I was sick throughout the night. The second time, after the initial bout of vomiting ended, I ate two Gas-X and threw them up and then tried again. The second time I took the Gas-X, it calmed my stomach down and stopped the pain. (It was not a cramping pain but a stabbing pain, like being hit in the stomach.)

Comment from: Mrs. ZZTOP77, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 28

I have been experiencing nausea all day for four days now. I also have been throwing up when I eat the following foods: milk, yogurt, greasy foods like chips, and cheesy foods. My nausea is accompanied by bouts of sweating, weakness, fevers and constipation. (I have always been a regular person, three- to-six times a day.) I am very thirsty all the time. I took an over- the-counter pregnancy test and it was negative. So that's not it. I have no idea what is causing this. I am going to the doctor in one week for a check-up.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?