Patient Comments: Nausea And Vomiting - Experience

Please describe your experience with nausea and vomiting.

Comment from: lngislander, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My girlfriend has serious problems when she eats more than a half of a bagel she vomits. This happens too often and I am worried. She drinks a lot of energy drinks cause she works at a restaurant. She has trouble pooping as well.

Comment from: 3-6 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 28

I have a 6-year-old that has had vomiting issues for two weeks now. He only throws up when sleeping in bed, but it's not every night. It's been about five times in the last two weeks. The rest of the day, he is fine and only complains of a little stomach ache. He has no fever.

Comment from: deb, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have had this happen to me twice, each time it was when I lied down at night. I got a horrible pain in my stomach, as if someone did a karate chop, and then it would burn really bad and then I would start vomiting. The first time I was sick throughout the night. The second time, after the initial bout of vomiting ended, I ate two Gas-X and threw them up and then tried again. The second time I took the Gas-X, it calmed my stomach down and stopped the pain. (It was not a cramping pain but a stabbing pain, like being hit in the stomach.)

Comment from: Mrs. ZZTOP77, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 28

I have been experiencing nausea all day for four days now. I also have been throwing up when I eat the following foods: milk, yogurt, greasy foods like chips, and cheesy foods. My nausea is accompanied by bouts of sweating, weakness, fevers and constipation. (I have always been a regular person, three- to-six times a day.) I am very thirsty all the time. I took an over- the-counter pregnancy test and it was negative. So that's not it. I have no idea what is causing this. I am going to the doctor in one week for a check-up.

Published: July 28

For at least two months, possibly longer, I have had terrible stomach aches for apparently no reason. The pain is sharp and is localized in the top of my stomach just under my diaphragm. I also have had bloating, gas, and occasionally diarrhea. I ate next to nothing for two days and the pain left, but within a week's time, the pain came back. However, when the pain came back, it came with nausea and vomiting. The pain lessened with no food, but when I tried not eating when the stomach ache returned, I ended up vomiting even more. At least when I ate, I only had pain and no vomiting. I have also had a low-grade fever almost on a daily basis. I am clueless as to what is causing this.

Published: July 22

My daughter suffers frequent attacks of vomiting and nausea. I am not sure of the cause and the doctors keep telling me it is a virus. One doctor also told me it could be an intolerance to dairy products but they did not test her for this. I feel it is more than a virus since it occurs so frequently. She is only 4 years old.

Published: July 21

I feel extremely nauseated when my routine changes, for example when going back to work after a holiday. Sometimes it is more of a feeling of longing/missing something that triggers it. I can go for periods of time feeling fine until I think back on the thing that has changed, and then I suddenly feel quite sick again. I do not feel like eating but force myself to because otherwise I feel hungry and unwell. I do not actually experience vomiting.

Published: July 14

I have nausea, vomiting and low grade fever. My blood tests are with normal limits. I have nausea and vomiting on an empty stomach. This has been going on for months. I had my gall bladder removed in September. I have a hiatal hernia.

Nausea and Vomiting - Causes Question: What was the cause of your nausea and vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting - Medical Treatments Question: What were your treatments of nausea and vomiting?