Patient Comments: Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Tests

Please describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of nasopharyngeal cancer.

Comment from: Valkyrie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

A few months ago I blew an item out of my nose. It was skin colored and raspberry-like in appearance. There was a bit of bleeding, but not significant. Three weeks ago my nose would bleed when I blew it. There was a little at first, but it is getting progressively worse. I woke with my mouth and nasopharnyx full of blood and it took an hour to stop. I saw an ENT. He attempted to take it out in his office but could not. He sent the sample of what came out to pathology. I had a CT of the head and neck. The next day, I found that it was squamous cell, poorly differentiated, non-keritizing, basaloid featured cancer. I had outpatient surgery the following day. I understand it is stage 1. I had a PET scan that was clean.

Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatments did you experience with your nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your nasopharyngeal cancer?