Patient Comments: Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with your nasopharyngeal cancer?

Comment from: Bikay, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

My symptoms for nasopharyngeal cancer were headache on one side, so I thought it was cluster headache. I then had ringing of the ears and double vision. I did have sinus problems like postnasal drip and frequent canker sores.

Comment from: LDR, 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 29

My 15 year old son was diagnosed with nasopharyngeal carcinoma, stage 4. His symptoms were a feeling of his ears being clogged, sore throat, swollen glands, neck aches, and stuffy nose. Mainly what really made us worry were his lymph nodes were visibly swollen. Every doctor that we saw, including an ENT Specialist just kept giving him antibiotics. If you suspect nasopharyngeal cancer, demand an MRI and biopsy. It's what saved my son's life.

Comment from: SurvivorTom, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 29

With my nasopharyngeal cancer I have a lump in my neck on the left side. I have a hard time breathing even hearing loss in my right ear. I even fell several times, and was diagnosed and treated. I now have a constant ringing in my ears and 95 percent hearing loss in my right ear and severe sinus problems 24/7. worked at an Asbestos factory for 18 years. Not sure that is what caused it.

Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Treatments Question: What treatments did you experience with your nasopharyngeal cancer?
Nasopharyngeal Cancer - Tests Question: Please describe the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of nasopharyngeal cancer.