narcotic analgesics-oral Index
Narcotic analgesics (also called opiods) are medications prescribed to treat moderate to severe pain. Examples include codeine, hydrocodone, OxyContin, Roxicodone, methadone, morphine, Dialudid, and fentanyl. Generic and brand names, side effects, drug interactions, dosing, and pregnancy safety information is provided.
Kidney pain has a variety of causes and symptoms. Infection, injury, trauma, bleeding disorders, and less common conditions may...learn more »
Lower Back Pain
There are many causes of back pain. Pain in the low back can relate to the bony lumbar spine, discs between the vertebrae,...learn more »
In This Article
Coccydynia (Tailbone Pain) Article
- Coccydynia facts
- What is coccydynia?
- What causes coccydynia?
- What are risk factors for coccydynia?
- What are coccydynia symptoms and signs?
- How is coccydynia diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for coccydynia?
- What is the prognosis for coccydynia?
- Is it possible to prevent coccydynia?
In This Article
Shoulder and Neck Pain Article
- What is shoulder and neck pain?
- What causes shoulder and neck pain?
- What are the symptoms and signs of shoulder and neck pain?
- When should I seek medical care?
- How is shoulder and neck pain diagnosed?
- How can I take care of shoulder and neck pain at home?
- How is shoulder and neck pain treated medically?
- What is the follow-up for shoulder and neck pain?
- How can I prevent shoulder and neck pain?
- What is the prognosis for shoulder and neck pain?
Foot pain may be caused by injuries (sprains, strains, bruises, and fractures), diseases (diabetes, Hansen disease, and gout),...learn more »