nabilone - oral
GENERIC NAME: NABILONE - ORAL (NAB-ih-lone)
USES: This medication is used to relieve severe nausea and vomiting caused by cancer chemotherapy. It is used when other drugs to control nausea and vomiting have not been successful. Nabilone is a man-made drug similar to the natural substances found in marijuana. It is believed to work by decreasing the signals in the brain that lead to nausea and vomiting.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions