- Patient Comments: Myxedema Coma - Causes and Triggers
- Patient Comments: Myxedema Coma - Symptoms
- Find a local Doctor in your town
- What is myxedema coma?
- Who is affected by myxedema coma?
- What are the symptoms of hypothyroidism?
- What causes myxedema coma?
- What are triggers of myxedema coma?
- What are the symptoms of myxedema coma?
- How is myxedema coma diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for myxedema coma?
- How can myxedema coma be prevented?
How can myxedema coma be prevented?
The ideal way to manage this condition is to prevent it from occurring in the first place. An individual with hypothyroidism should visit their doctor regularly for follow-up and blood testing to be certain that their replacement dose is appropriate.
If an individual has symptoms that concerns them, but has not beendiagnosed with hypothyroidism, they should visit their health care practitioner to discuss their concerns and explore the option of testing for thyroid imbalance.
Medically reviewed by John A. Seibel, MD; Board Certified Internal Medicine with a subspecialty in Endocrinology & Metabolism
"Clinical manifestations of hypothyroidism"