Patient Comments: Myocarditis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of myocarditis?

Comment from: nataliedenise13, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I'm an 18 year old girl just tuned 18 actually. I suffered from myocrarditis this weekend and had to stay at the hospital for 3 days. I was so scared. I woke up the morning it happened feeling fine went on a walk was laughing with my friends and out of nowhere I got a very bad chest pain at first I thought it was just heart burn but then I could not stop vomiting and was sweating profusely. I did not know what was going on. I was terrified I went to the hospital and they had to keep me over night the next morning they told me I would be transferred to Hollywood where there is a heart specialist. They did the cardiac cauterization on me my heart appeared healthy but my enzymes were very high. I'm too young for this I feel I've never been so scared in my life.

Comment from: Climber86, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I'm a 26 year old male just recently diagnosed with myocarditis. Talk about a game changer! I'm in the best shape of my life and it hit me. I had flu like symptoms, fatigue, achy body and fever and I got chest pains that radiated to my arm. I went to the ER and enzyme levels were elevated and my EKG was out of whack. After 3 days in ICU I left with normal EKG and during the whole time my BP was 110/70 and resting heart rate of 55.

Comment from: Ally, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 14

I had chest pain, headache, lightheadedness and felt like vomiting. Was diagnosed with myocarditis through the blood test. I had 3 times above the normal range of enzymes. The doctor prsecribed low dosage of beta blockers for a month. It's been 3 weeks and had blood test every week to check the enzyme level and still it is way above the normal range. I am so confused and scared as I read that the enzyme level should drop down to normal usually after 2-3 days!

Comment from: tumnbum, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 16

I get radiating to the back and left side under the ribs. All of this seems to be taking place directly under the left breast. Sometimes feel pain in left lung area. I also have a gastric hernia waiting to be operated on.

Comment from: jans, 0-2 (Caregiver) Published: January 07

I'm 30 years old. My daughter, two years of age, was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy but then after one month admitted in the hospital she was diagnosed with myocarditis. It was more than two months ago but until now she is taking medicines for it as maintenance. Every now and then I'm still scared. My child is too young to have this kind of disease. I can't imagine what I did when the doctor says bring your child to the nearest hospital or she has cardiac arrest. She's now doing fine but the doctor advice that she must not get too tired but how can a two years old child understands her condition.

Comment from: lucinda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I'm 34 years old and a mother of four children. In October 2011, I was diagnosed with Myocarditis. I ran two laps on a track on a Sunday, and by that night I was feeling feverish and my body was aching. I went to work the following Monday and went home after only a few hours. Later that night my fever had not gone down and my body aches got worse. I just thought that I had the flu. I woke up Tuesday morning with chest pain, and it hurt to breathe. I drove myself to the emergency room and they transferred me to another hospital to insert a cath. I was thinking I was having a heart attack! My enzyme levels were 25 times over the normal amount. The cardiologist viewed my heart and said it was not a heart attack. My heart rate would not go down, however, and it stayed at 160 to 170 beats per minute while I was laying down. A few days later the doctors tried some medicine to lower my heart rate ... which put me into cardiac arrest. They installed a temporary pacemaker for a few days, and then eventually took me off. I'm still seeing my cardiologist, and trying to get my life back to normal. I was a very active person before this ... it just came out of no where.

Comment from: 55-64 Female Published: July 21

I don't know if it is that, just that my blood pressure is really low and I have a pain in my chest that won't go away and I am really tired all the time. My heart feels like it wants to explode but nothing is found when I go to the hosp or doc.

Myocarditis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with myocarditis.
Myocarditis - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication or supplements, have you taken to treat conditions associated with myocarditis?