- Heartburn Slideshow: Foods to Eat, Foods to Avoid
- 10 Facts About the Amazing Brain
- Weight Gain Shockers Slideshow Pictures
- What is mycophenolate mofetil-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
- Is mycophenolate mofetil-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
- What are the side effects of mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
- What is the dosage for mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
- Is mycophenolate mofetil-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
Is mycophenolate mofetil-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Mycophenolate mofetil is excreted in milk of rats. It is not known if it also is excreted in human milk. Due to the lack of conclusive safety data, mycophenolate mofetil should be used cautiously in nursing mothers.
What else should I know about mycophenolate mofetil-oral?
What preparations of mycophenolate mofetil-oral are available?
- Powder for injection: 500 mg
- Capsules: 250 mg
- Immediate-release tablets: 500 mg
- Delayed-release tablets: 180 and 360 mg
- Oral suspension: 200 mg/ml
How should I keep mycophenolate mofetil-oral stored?
- Capsules and tablets should be stored at room temperature, between 15 C and 30 C (59 F and 86 F).
- Oral suspension may be stored at room temperate between 15 C and 30 C (59 F and 86 F) for up to 60 days.
- Oral suspension also may be stored in the refrigerator between 2 C and 8 C (36 F and 46 F), but it should not be frozen.
REFERENCE: FDA Prescribing Information.
Quick GuidePrescription Drug Abuse: Know The Warning Signs
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.