mycophenolate mofetil-oral Index
Mycophenolate mofetil (CellCept) is a drug prescribed for the prophylaxis of organ rejection in people receiving kidney, heart, or liver transplants. Side effects, drug interactions, warnings, precautions, dosing, storage, pregnancy, and breastfeeding safety information should be reviewed prior to taking this drug.
Kidney failure can occur from an acute event or a chronic condition or disease. Prerenal kidney failure is caused by blood loss,...learn more »
Liver disease can be cause by a variety of things including infection (hepatitis), diseases such as gallstones, high cholesterol...learn more »
In This Article
Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Article
- Congestive heart failure facts
- What is congestive heart failure (CHF)?
- What causes congestive heart failure?
- What are the signs and symptoms of congestive heart failure?
- What are the risk factors for congestive heart failure?
- How is congestive heart failure diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for congestive heart failure?
- What lifestyle changes can help treat congestive heart failure?
- Fluid regulation
- Maintaining weight
- What is the long term prognosis for patients with congestive heart failure?
- Can congestive heart failure be prevented?
Cirrhosis of the liver refers to a disease in which normal liver cells are replaced by scar tissue caused by alcohol and viral...learn more »
Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) refers to a wide spectrum of liver disease ranging from simple fatty liver (steatosis),...learn more »
In This Article
Fatty Liver Article
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver facts
- What are nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and steatohepatitis?
- Why is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease important?
- What causes nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- What is the difference between nonalcoholic fatty liver and steatohepatitis?
- What is the relationship between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, obesity, and diabetes?
- What is the relationship between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and the metabolic syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of fatty liver?
- How is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease diagnosed?
- What are the other causes of fatty liver?
- What are the complications of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- How is nonalcoholic fatty liver disease treated?
- Weight loss and exercise
- Medications and other treatment options
- Bariatric surgery
- Liver transplant
- What is the relationship between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and cardiovascular disease?
- What diseases are associated with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease?
- Does nonalcoholic fatty liver disease occur in children?
Systemic lupus erythematosus is a condition characterized by chronic inflammation of body tissues caused by autoimmune disease....learn more »
In This Article
- Systemic lupus erythematosus facts
- What is systemic lupus erythematosus? What are the types of lupus?
- What causes systemic lupus erythematosus? What are risk factors for lupus? Is lupus hereditary?
- What is drug-induced lupus?
- What are lupus symptoms and signs?
- How is systemic lupus erythematosus diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for systemic lupus?
- How can a lupus patient help prevent disease
- How can systemic lupus erythematosus affect pregnancy or the newborn?
is the prognosis of lupus? What does the future hold for people with
- Where can one get more information about systemic lupus erythematosus?