Patient Comments: Myasthenia Gravis - Symptoms

Question:What symptoms did you experience with myasthenia gravis?

Comment from: Cupcake, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I was finally diagnosed with myasthenia after 6 years of waiting. A neuroopthamologist, diagnosed and treated me with meds, including Prednisone. Now, after several years of treatment, I am in remission. I started out with double vision, being unbalanced, even falling down. Only a few times I was unable to move one leg, couldn't walk with either leg, or had an unbalanced gait (upper body rocking back and forth when trying to walk). I went into depression when I had to try and manage my normal life with the symptoms, especially when others didn't know they were even there. Especially my young children. I want you to have hope in knowing there's treatment for this disease!

Comment from: wendy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis when I was 18 years old and within a year I had my thymus gland removed. I rarely had any symptoms after my surgery. Now, almost 20 years later I am so tired it's unreal. I am wondering if this could be related to my myasthenia gravis. The feeling is so bad I barely have the energy to get up and go to work.

Comment from: Suzy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 03

I am experiencing fatigue. I cannot lift my body. It seems to be getting worse. I was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis just this June. I had 10 treatments in the hospital.